PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (8 Viewers)

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you done any changes to 1.2.3 version from the Beta 1.2.6.0?
    No, only version info update and one cosmetic change (font color). What is the problem?

Michael
    I have a problem with that my htpc wont go back to sleep after it started an scheduled activity. Im not sure thats a ps++(v1.2.3) problem though. (W7 64bit and mobo: GA-H57M-USB3, HDD: SSD OCZ Vertex3).

Thanks for all your work/ Torbjorn

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After reading all of the extensive material about PS++ and its (or more precisely Windows') limitations, I had it working reasonably well for a week or two. Unfortunately, I had frequent problems (which I hadn't seen before) with no video output after resume from hibernation. Thinking this might have to do with my new reliance on PS++ (and by extension Windows), I deinstalled PS++ using the plugin manager which can be called up from MP Configuration. The system hibernated immediately following deinstallation and can now no longer be started for more than a few seconds at a time. On resume, the screen goes black and the system hibernates as soon as it has resumed far enough to display the desktop. I managed an Alt-F4 during one of the brief periods of operation, but the system even hibernated during shutdown, and had to be resumed 3 times to complete the shutdown. The usual approach of using F8 to force a restart instead of a resume doesn't work for me. The only timeF( produced a boot menu for me was during the fresh start. When resuming, F8 is ignored. After a new (cold) start, the behaviour remains. The system resumed just long enough to display the MP splash screen and then hibernated. At first I thought this was a Windows (7) problem, but have failed to uncover anything similar after extensive internet research. Obviously, I can't be sure it is related to PS++ either, but perhaps someone here has had a similar experience and can give me a tip on how to get back to a running system. I am pretty desperate!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am pretty desperate!
    You have to begin from the basics: Does your system run stable on a restart from power off {do not run the MP client - deactivate MP client autostart if configured}? If not, what about a restart from power off in safe mode? When you have your windows up and running you should have a look at your power settings. Put them to default values and try again...

Michael

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I am pretty desperate!
    You have to begin from the basics: Does your system run stable on a restart from power off {do not run the MP client - deactivate MP client autostart if configured}? If not, what about a restart from power off in safe mode? When you have your windows up and running you should have a look at your power settings. Put them to default values and try again...

Michael
    Thanks for the tips, but the system didn't give me time to do any of those things. As I said, it started to hibernate as soon as the desktop appeared. I barely had time for the two keystrokes to initiate a shutdown. I was unable to access hibernate settings or delete the hibernate file from safe mode and returning to a system standard power scheme didn't help either. After several futile attempts to fix the situation from safe mode, I booted from the repair partition and returned to a restore point from early last week. Now things are back to normal. I have simply disabled PS++ and will not explore the issue further on this system as I have new guts (mainboard, CPU & RAM) for it, and plan a virgin installation in the course of the next week or two. Thanks for your support!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

It appears EPG grabbing is keeping your system from entering standby. I'm sure Michael can provide more information.

J.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi there,

It appears EPG grabbing is keeping your system from entering standby. I'm sure Michael can provide more information.

J.
    ...and if I set a TV program to recording... htpc wakes up and do the trick then refuses go to bed again :mad:

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The logs look ok. But there must be a reason (outside PS++) that prevents standby on your system. Please have a look at the PS++ troubleshooting wiki page.

Michael
    Thanks for your answer. I tried the powercfg /requests from the wiki and came up with this:
    System
    [Driver]
    older kernel caller

Can this have to do with my TV cards? Terratec and Firedtv? Where do you put your 5 cents? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom