PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (5 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
This is definitively a driver preventing standby, maybe the one of the tv card (I would guess the firedtv). This is one of the cases in which the "PowerScheduler++ actively forces standby" option should be set - see the PS++ configuration wiki for details.

Michael

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is definitively a driver preventing standby, maybe the one of the tv card (I would guess the firedtv). This is one of the cases in which the "PowerScheduler++ actively forces standby" option should be set - see the PS++ configuration wiki for details.

Michael

Thanks... and I followed the wiki and made powercfg requestsoverride(which gave no prevents standby from any drivers). I will first check if that worked, then do the activively forces standby thing.

...and thanks for quick response

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi michael_t,

I'm struggling for hours now and try to find a solution for my problem with standby/away mode and PowerScheduler++. I've looked here in the thread and generally in the forums but couldn't find a solution (there is a topic concerning the original power plug in, but it didn't help me Link). If there is one though please point me in the right direction.

Here's my prob:

My system won't go to sleep (S3) as soon MP has run once. It will go to away mode as soon as I put it to sleep manually.

Here is powercfg /requests right after booting up:
    Bild 001.jpg

I can send the machine to sleep manually via the start menu, via remote control or eventghost events from another machine.

Once I've started MP and closed it again, it will say

Bild 002.jpg

When I try to send the system to sleep via one of the ways above or by using MP stand by it won't. It only will enter away mode.

What I did to solve the prob:
    - Disabled EPG grabbing in idle.
    - Disabled network activity standby prevention
    - Set force standby by PowerScheduler++
    - Disabled 4tr feature "Only allow client to enter standby on Home Screen"

Here is what I set in PowerScheduler++ Config at the moment:

Bild 003.jpgBild 004.jpgBild 005.jpgBild 006.jpgBild 007.jpgBild 008.jpgBild 009.jpg

I'll add a set of logs which I produced by starting up mp in debug mode right after reboot and firing standby on basic home.

Hope you can help me! Thanks in advance!
    Luca

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New stable version of PowerScheduler++ available with compatibility for MP 1.3 alpha! See first post for more details.

Michael

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...I'll add a set of logs which I produced by starting up mp in debug mode right after reboot and firing standby on basic home.
    The logs tell me that you have a remote client running, which prevents your system from going to standby and only allows away mode. Moreover you have configured the network monitor to request away mode too. As soon as you switch off or suspend your remote client your system will go to standby again.

Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael,

thanks for looking into this!

The logs tell me that you have a remote client running, which prevents your system from going to standby and only allows away mode.

This is odd, I don't have a remote client running here. There is my running working machine in the network but no mp client was running on it while testing.
    Does the entry in the log mean that there is a remote mp client running on the network or can this also be any other kind of network service? I assume not as the powercfg is reporting tvservice as cause of going to away mode... First I will power down the workstation and test...

Moreover you have configured the network monitor to request away mode too.

I'll switch it off and test and report back.

Goin to test, will be back in a while...

Luca

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

so I did some testing....

Switched off my workstation completely and started mp in debug mode.
    Started Tv for a few seconds.
    Went back to home screen.
    Sent mp/system to standby via remote.
    System went in away mode again...
    Moved the mouse a little to bring the screen on again.
    Closed MP.

Made powercfg /requests:
    Bild 010.jpg

Waited for a maybe one or two minutes, did it again:
    Bild 011.jpg

I could fire standby in that state manually via start menu. The driver entry about a remote client is new to me, maybe some requests from the whs? But it didn't prevent the manual standby, so it shouldn't concern me further?

So tvservice seems to need a while to let system go to standby. If this means the system will go into away mode first and then after a while it will go into S3 everything is fine for me... If not (?) and if you think the behavior isn't as it should be, we can investigate a little bit more...

This is from the logs I attached
    Code:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.572647 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.580648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: LoadSettings()
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.593648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: SetWakeupTimer()
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.594648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting PowerController:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.595648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ScheduledRecordings:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.595648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting XmlTvImport:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.596648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: No pending events found in the future which should wakeup the system
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.596648 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: CheckForStandby()
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.597649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting PowerController:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.597649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting RemoteClient: AwayModeRequested
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.598649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ActiveStreams:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.598649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ControllerActive:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.600649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ProcessActive:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.601649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ActiveNetwork:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.601649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting ActiveShares:
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.602649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: SetStandbyMode(AwayModeRequested)
    2012-06-10 14:24:04.602649 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: System is busy and should not go to standby

This looks still the same to me.
    What do you think?
    If my sys will work as described above we can leave it to that...

Luca

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi michael_t,
    Here's my prob:

My system won't go to sleep (S3) as soon MP has run once. It will go to away mode as soon as I put it to sleep manually.

When I try to send the system to sleep via one of the ways above or by using MP standby it won't. It only will enter away mode.
    Luca

Ditto me!! A brief history of my problem, my system was working fine until i decided to upgrade PS++ to 1.2.3.0. As soon as i did this, the MP client would be hung 100% of the time after returning from S3 state. Uninstalled PS++ to revert to the standard plugin = problem fixed. I went through this process 2 or 3 more times to confirm. After uninstalling PS++ the last time i found i had exactly the same problem as Luca above - i.e. the PC would only enter Away mode. I could also make it hibernate via windows Start menu, but NOT sleep.

If this means the system will go into away mode first and then after a while it will go into S3 everything is fine for me... If not (?)
    Luca
    => Mine did NOT enter S3 state when i left it in this state overnight. It stays stuck in Away mode.

Anyway, battled away with this over the whole weekend, with powercfg, Windows power settings etc. etc. to try to restore it to original form but had no luck. My breakthrough was when i downloaded the 'MCE Standby Tool' (slick) and just used it in basic mode to 'configure the current PC'. Here's what i found: if i set the sleep setting to S3 and "use Away mode on application request", i could then make the PC sleep! Then after i started MP client the PC would only use Away mode again... When i closed MP and re-opened MCE SB Tool again, the sleep setting had been set back to "Away mode always on". So MP appeared to be messing with this setting!! Anyway, i fiddled with some settings in the MCE Standby Tool (only mirroring the way i'd configured Windows power options and Powerscheduler) and it then said i needed to reboot - after the reboot the sleep function was working perfectly again and has been ever since! i.e. Starting Mediaportal no longer reverted the Away mode setting back to "Always on".

I don't have logs unfortunately but right now i'm afraid i can only conclude that PS++ 1.2.3.0 is capable of breaking a healthy MP installation on Windows 7 64-bit machine. The previous version of PS++ (i was using the previous stable release - 1.2.2.0?) was working fine and i'd like to be able to use it again (getting fed up with 'audio mute after returning from Away mode' problem), but for whatever reason PS++ 1.2.3.0 mixed with MP 1.2.3.0 is not working for me...

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What are the best settings for using PowerScheduler++ with the Custom Data Grabber (Sky UK) to get the HTPC to wake up to grab the EPG? Right nowI have PowerScheduler++ set to schedule EPG grabbing at 01:58 every day (with no channels ticked in either TV EPG Grabber or Radio EPG Grabber), then I have "Sky UK Grabber" set to grab at 02:00 every day. Will this work?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Pom,

thanks for your thoughts. Maybe I found out something: When I got home I tested what happens if my htpc/server is woken up my another client and if it would go to sleep after this client went off. And it did! There was no more an entry for the away mode in powercfg /requests right after closing the client on the remote machine. So I thought "alright this might have something to do with my local client". So I went into local client config and disabled the ps++ plug in there . I did not set anything in the clients config except selecting the same profile and sleep time as in the servers config. Don't know why but now the Tvservice entry in away mode was gone and I could send it to sleep instantly. As I turned it back on again the entry was there again... So apparently something in the client, some other plug in or whatever is telling the tvservice to keep the machine in away mode. As I need the client plugin to keep the machine active while playing media I don't know what to do...

Luca

PS: If you need a solution for the annoying 'audio mute after returning from Away mode' prob I can show you a very easy solution for that with eventghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom