PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (4 Viewers)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please uplaod also an installer for tvserver standalone installation or a *.zip, thx.
    You can use the regular installation package and uninstall the client afterwards, if you do not need it.

Michael
    Not possible, because the MPE1 Extension installer wiil not be installed on a server standalone installation. At the moment i have to unpack your MPE1, renaming the included files and find the right version - you have duplictaed files in your installer package and i'm not quite sure which one is the correct file.
    Would be nice to have a *.zip File for manual installation

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hope you can help me.
    Please describe your problem in detail, so that I can imagine what is going on and then send full logs! From the single log file sent I could see that the PS++ client plugin was not running. Make sure you have installed and enabled both the server and the client plugin.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please elaborate on the inspecting remoteclient feature a little bit so I can investigate a little bit more on myself...
    First, just to be sure we are talking of the same things: While you can have only one MP TV-Server, you may have several MP clients in your network. If the MP client is installed on the same system as the MP TV-Server (single-seat), then the TV-Server sees it as a local client, if it is on another machine, it is a remote client. On all clients the PS++ client plugin must be installed and enabled and the MP client software must be running.
    The local PS++ client plugin (on the same machine as the server) can interact closely with the PS++ server plugin, it is polled every 15 seconds to report its status (client activity). The remote PS++ client plugins are not polled by the server, but signal the PS++ server periodically, that they are alive and active (of course only if the MP client is running on the remote client). Since the PS++ server has no information about the remote client's status, it prevents standby as long as at least one remote client is active. It will go to away mode instead of standby, if the user tries to switch it off. The same (prevent standby and enable away mode) is true if a remote client is receiving timeshifting data (either live tv or recorded video).

Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright, thanks for clearing things up.

So,
    If the MP client is installed on the same system as the MP TV-Server (single-seat), then the TV-Server sees it as a local client, if it is on another machine, it is a remote client.
    means that
    Code:
    2012-06-17 17:31:01.750307 [PS StandbyWakeup(14)]: PS: Inspecting RemoteClient: AwayModeRequested
    there should be a actual remote client and not the local mp client is triggering this entry?
    If so there has to be some kind of bug. I am really sure that there is no remote client running.
    And why don't I have the entry when I disable the the client plugin in my local mp?

I'll create a new set of logs in case you wanna have a second look....

Thanks again for your efforts!
    Luca

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @skorz
    Your system is busy because a client running MP on a different machine than the server is active and timeshifting (watching live tv or a recorded video).

Michael

Thx, that's what I thought. I watched tv via ampdroid, but at some time I fell asleep. it seems, ampdroid stream, although it is no longer active. mh..

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ...Can anyone spot the problem?
    You are running the original PowerScheduler, not PS++. Make sure that you have installed the newest version of PS++. If the problem then still arises, please send new logs.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I installed PS++ and have attached new logs. This time the problem is different - the TV Server crashed and the scheduled recording failed... Please refer to my earlier posts for the original behaviour with the standard PowerScheduler.

Here's the details:

- Set up a scheduled recording "Pingu" from 6.00-6.10am on 19/06 and then sent the PC to sleep manually via the remote at ~10.10pm last night.
    Note: Pre/post record period is 5 mins, pre-wake up period is 1 minute.
    - This morning the PC was asleep (looked very promising because with original PowerScheduler the PC would be stuck in Away mode).
    - Woke up PC with remote and found that Mediaportal client was hung, then later discovered that TV Server was hung (i'm guessing that the TV Server hang was the root cause?)

I've scanned the logs myself very quicky and can see two things at the moment: (1) WebEPG is complaining that no wakeup has been set (i have never ever had my PC set to wakeup for EPG, EPG just grabs when the TV is idle - which is quite often), (2) at 05.54 when the PC woke up to record, TV server was hung(?) hence recording failed.

Please bear in mind that before i installed PS++, the PC would successfully complete the sceduled recording, but would then stay stuck in away mode and MP client was hung (but not TV Server).

I appreciate your help, thanks.

EDIT: This line looks incriminating:
    2012-06-19 05:54:15.532000 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'isatap.{712DDF4C-8F5B-4FF1-913B-56EE7B685858}' does not exist in the specified Category.

Also i will resolve the WebEPG problem. I have it set to grab at 20.00 when the PC is usually on, so i don't mind setting a wakeup event just to clear the error...)

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...This line looks incriminating:
    2012-06-19 05:54:15.532000 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.InvalidOperationException: Instance 'isatap.{712DDF4C-8F5B-4FF1-913B-56EE7B685858}' does not exist in the specified Category.
    You are right, this is the fault that made the tvservice terminate. I am just wondering what might have happened. After the resume from standby the network monitor could not query the isatap adapter, that obviously was there before the standby (then the network monitor had no problems).
    Of course the network monitor should not crash the whole tvservice if something like this happens and I will fix this as soon as possible. But on the other hand I did never before notice something like this and therefore would like to get to the bottom of this problem. For this I need your help: Do you have a removable network adapter like a WiFi-Stick or a (wireless) network that went down while the MP PC was sleeping? And can you please try to reproduce the problem by repeating the same scenario that led to the fault?

Michael

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Michael,

Actually my PC is pretty sick right now. It was sick before i installed PS++ but now it is more so, or certainly very different behaviour. The thing is that my system had been perfectly stable for over a year - these problems seem to have started when I updated either MP, PS++ or maybe installed Windows updates (i only updated drivers after the problems started). Obviously could be a hardware problem but there are no other symptoms with the PC.

The situation since installing latest PS++ is that whenever i resume from S3 standby the TV Server/MP has either crashed completely or it gets into an erroneous state and crashes sometime later e.g. after pausing live TV for a while then trying to restart it.

It is very easy for me to reproduce these problems! I will run a couple of scenarios and post logs.

My network conection to this PC is wired and comes from my router which stays on all the time. I have a single-seat set-up and use thee MS Loopback Adapter as my TV server (as you've probably established).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom