PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (4 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hopefully Michael can give me a clue as to why the PS++ isatap adapter check fails on my PC...?
I am sorry to say that I cannot. The change in the code that made it work was to restart the network monitor on every resume from standby. With the restart the network adapters are enumerated again and obvoiusly the "missing" isatap adapter is omitted then. I will integrate this change to the next version.

Michael

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Michael, although it all works fine now i still get these errors in TV server error.log:

"2012-06-25 15:59:15.148000 [PS StandbyWakeup(13)]: NetworkMonitorHandler: Error in updating adapter isatap.{028D7272-A903-4ABA-920A-07D2733EA2A7}: Instance 'isatap.{028D7272-A903-4ABA-920A-07D2733EA2A7}' does not exist in the specified Category."

Is this what you would expect?

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your reply - I missed to read the error log and only saw that the tvservice continued working... The message in the error log means that the enumaration of the network adapters on resume does not work and the problem is still unsolved.

Michael

PS: I am wondering about your isatap adapter's name. Could it be that you have problems with your network configuration? Wikipedia says: "In practice, implementations build their PRL by querying the DNS, e.g. by looking up isatap.example.com if the local domain is example.com. The local domain is typically obtained via DHCP (over IPv4) or statically configured." For example my isatap adapter is displayed as "isatap.fritz.box" (i.e. "isatap.<domain>") and not "isatap.<GUID>" as in your case.

Last edited:

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For example my isatap adapter is displayed as "isatap.fritz.box" (i.e. "isatap.<domain>") and not "isatap.<GUID>" as in your case.

Where do i look for this name? I'll have a look. The only strange thing i noticed during all this was that my LAN connection had not picked up my network SSID and was instead using "Unknown Network", even though connectivity was fine. I renamed the connection to my correct SSID. Not sure if this would make a difference?

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Where do i look for this name? I'll have a look.
Just run "ipconfig /all" in a command prompt. It lists all network information including all network adapters and the DNS setting.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just released a new version (PS++ 1.2.3.2) which prevents TVServer crashes in NetworkMonitorStandbyHandler (see discussion with Pom) and fixes some problems with remote clients and the RemoteClientStandbyHandler (maybe the cause of Luca Brasi's problems). Moreover it provides additional "awaymode"/"runmode" attributes for the external command (client only).

Michael

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
(maybe the cause of Luca Brasi's problems)
Love to hear that, gonna try it out and report back to you!
You should have a look at your MP client configuration (TV-Server hostname). If this is wrong, it would explain the "Remote client activity" messages in the previos versions...

Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still doing the tests but it looks good so far...

You should have a look at your MP client configuration (TV-Server hostname). If this is wrong, it would explain the "Remote client activity" messages in the previos versions...

This could really explain it. As I am using 4tr the setting in the client's config was empty.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again Michael,

this is what my tests bred:
    - The inspecting client feature is no more preventing the standby, cool! But...
    - There are no more entries in the log for this
    Code:
    2012-07-01 13:55:14.377024 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting RemoteClient:
    It will always be empty, regardless of the client is running on local machine or on the remote client.
    But I will have this entry in powercfg /requests instead
    mmigstation - 2012-07-01 - Image -001.png
    This is new to me. Is this by design? Thought the concept would be that the client forwards his request to stay alive to tvservice.exe and this would appear in the requests?
    Now, what happens if no local client is running and the remote client isn't watching tv, just navigating through the menues. The server will go to sleep then?
    Hm, maybe that would be intended because it will wake up over wol as soon the tv is triggered on the remote client?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom