PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (5 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi again Michael,

this is what my tests bred:
- The inspecting client feature is no more preventing the standby, cool! But...
- There are no more entries in the log for this
Code:
2012-07-01 13:55:14.377024 [PS StandbyWakeup(15)]: PS: Inspecting RemoteClient:
It will always be empty, regardless of the client is running on local machine or on the remote client.
But I will have this entry in powercfg /requests instead
View attachment 106463
This is new to me. Is this by design? Thought the concept would be that the client forwards his request to stay alive to tvservice.exe and this would appear in the requests?
Now, what happens if no local client is running and the remote client isn't watching tv, just navigating through the menues. The server will go to sleep then?
Hm, maybe that would be intended because it will wake up over wol as soon the tv is triggered on the remote client?
Could you please send me logs?

Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two sets of logs attached. Both from my singleseat machine.
    1. Started mp. Watched tv a few seconds, closed it.
    2. Started mp. No further actions in the local client. Started client on remote machine. Watched some TV there. Navigating a little bit through the menus.

Tell me if you need more...

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael,

I've seen that 1.2.3.3 is out. Anything in there which is related to the stuff I posted yesterday?
    Don't know what is meant by
    Code:
    Bugfix: External command will be saved now (client)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Its a little something Michael is working on for me.... to allow you to run a program when entering or leaving awaymode :)

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two sets of logs attached. Both from my singleseat machine.
    1. Started mp. Watched tv a few seconds, closed it.
    2. Started mp. No further actions in the local client. Started client on remote machine. Watched some TV there. Navigating a little bit through the menus.

Tell me if you need more...
    I assume that both log file collections are from your main system, running both MP client and MP TV-Server (single-seat). In the client config file (Mediaportal.xml) I can see that you have not configured your TV-Server. The corresponding entry "hostname" is empty and this is interpreted as if the client were a stand-alone client without any relation to a MP TV-Server. You should definitively correct this and enter either "localhost" or the single-seat machine's name or its ip address.
    To see, why your remote client is not recognized by the TV-Server / PS++ when it is active, I would need it's logs too (logs from the second scenario).

Michael

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume that both log file collections are from your main system, running both MP client and MP TV-Server (single-seat).
    You're right. Assumed you would want them because the central unit is running in tvservice. Sorry I didn't think about adding the remote client's...
    Will add some, but don't know if they are still needed, cause...
    In the client config file (Mediaportal.xml) I can see that you have not configured your TV-Server. The corresponding entry "hostname" is empty
    Exactly! As described above I checked and entered the servers ip on the single-sead's client and on the remote machine. They seem to be cleared again by ForTheRecord for some reason.... I will do some testing...

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that with 4tr enabled mp will clear the hostname on startup...
    I think they do it to fix some problems with minidisplay... Link
    Any idea how fix that on ps++ side? Don't know if you want to support 4tr after all ...

mmigstation - 2012-07-03 - Image -000.png

mmigstation - 2012-07-03 - Image -001.png

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that with 4tr enabled mp will clear the hostname on startup...
    I think they do it to fix some problems with minidisplay... Link
    Any idea how fix that on ps++ side? Don't know if you want to support 4tr after all ...
    From the PS++ client plugin I must know the host running the MP TV-Server to make a connection to it. I could not imagine from where to get this info, if not from the MP configuration. Do you know, where FTR keeps its host info?

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom