PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (4 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
where i can find the source code of ps++?
It can be found on https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/PowerScheduler /
If i shutdown / sleep / close MP on a client, a signal will sent to the tvserver. Then TvServer checks if there are any jobs still to do, otherwise it will go to sleep / away mode. So the TvServer will only be online if its really needed and must not wait for the configured sleep time.
If you want to suspend the server as fast as possible, after it is not more needed. you should reduce the idle time to a minimum value.

Michael

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My system is set to standby after 30 minutes and I stopped using it around 17:05 but it was still on when I checked at around 18:45. Ignore the "Inspecting ProcessActive (peerblock): StandbyPrevented" as they were after I logged on to my other account via RDP to create the logs (this account loads Peerblock, so I use that to signify that the other user is logged on and therefore the PC shouldn't go to sleep although I might change this to use network traffic if I can work out a good Kb/s to set to detect RDP use).

Anyway, I can't see anything in the logs to explain why it failed to standby but maybe another set of eyes will pick up on something. The problem I had before was due to some issue around the hibernate file,, so I disabled hibernate/hybrid and it's been working OK since then.

EDIT: Just tested with it set to standby after 5 minutes with MP closed, MP on Home, MP on EPG and it worked each time. Apart from the time I didn't change anything, so I don't understand why it didn't work before.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Again my PC hasn't gone to standby this afternoon.

After closing MP I quickly checked powercfg -requests and it showed TVService.exe although when I repeated the command it had gone.

I had PS++ set to "Don't Sleep when grabbing EPG" but EPG grabbing is only set to happen when timeshifting/recording, so it shouldn't have been doing that. I'll untick that setting anyway and see if it helps.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Still not sleeping properly. This time I just minimised MP with Alt+Enter rather than closing it and powercfg -requests shows TVservice is preventing standby (I repeated the command multiple times) , which it shouldn't be as TV's not playing and EPG grabbing whilst idle is disabled.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
This time I just minimised MP with Alt+Enter rather than closing it and powercfg -requests shows TVservice is preventing standby (I repeated the command multiple times) , which it shouldn't be as TV's not playing and EPG grabbing whilst idle is disabled.
You minimized MP at 16:14:12 and at 16:14:18 (6 seconds later) the PS++ server plugin prevented standby because of network activity. So "powercfg -requests" indicated that the tvservice was preventing standby at this moment. Only some seconds after this you stopped your "powercfg -requests" calls (showing the same result every time) and saved the logfiles. Beeing that impatient, you missed the change from bussy to idle state at 16:14:33, which would have allowed standby.

Michael

PS: Check your PS++ configuration. You should deactivate all extra events preventing standby (processes, network, shares etc.), which are not needed if you let Windows care for standby. The easies way to get a stable PS++ configuration is to use the Plug&Play Mode.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
This time I just minimised MP with Alt+Enter rather than closing it and powercfg -requests shows TVservice is preventing standby (I repeated the command multiple times) , which it shouldn't be as TV's not playing and EPG grabbing whilst idle is disabled.
You minimized MP at 16:14:12 and at 16:14:18 (6 seconds later) the PS++ server plugin prevented standby because of network activity. So "powercfg -requests" indicated that the tvservice was preventing standby at this moment. Only some seconds after this you stopped your "powercfg -requests" calls (showing the same result every time) and saved the logfiles. Beeing that impatient, you missed the change from bussy to idle state at 16:14:33, which would have allowed standby.

The point is I only minimised MP to check powercfg BECAUSE it hadn't gone to standby as it should have done after I left it for much longer than it should have needed.

PS: Check your PS++ configuration. You should deactivate all extra events preventing standby (processes, network, shares etc.), which are not needed if you let Windows care for standby. The easies way to get a stable PS++ configuration is to use the Plug&Play Mode.

I've actually switched back to PowerScheduler at the moment to try and debug an unrelated issue where Legacy Kernel Caller gets stuck on, preventing Windows going to standby, when EPG grabbing whilst idle is enabled (I didn't have this enabled when using PS++) but once I've finished with that I'll switch back to PS++ and have another play with it. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tvservice-preventing-standby.104613/

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The point is I only minimised MP to check powercfg BECAUSE it hadn't gone to standby as it should have done after I left it for much longer than it should have needed.
So you checked powercfg at the only short moment when there was some network traffic - really bad luck ;)!
I saw that your system did not go to standby before though it was more than 2 hours idle, but from the logs I cannot tell why. So you should repeat your checks with powercfg - maybe with network monitoring disabled.

Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Michael,

anything new about 4tr? if it is a help I could dig around a little bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom