PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (4 Viewers)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a request for a feature - assuming it is possible to implement this.

I would like to have the power scheduler put the computer into away mode if the TV Server is in the process of recording a scheduled TV program. This feature would be the same as that on the EPG page in power scheduler where if a user presses the sleep or power buttons on the remote or elsewhere and the TV Server is grabbing the EPG, then the computer is put into away mode.

Our HTPC was hibernated last night while a scheduled recording was taking place. The result was that there were only 6 minutes of the show recorded.

My apologies if this is not the proper venue for this.

Thanks.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to have the power scheduler put the computer into away mode if the TV Server is in the process of recording a scheduled TV program.
    This is exactly what PowerScheduler does as a built-in feature (not configurable). If you are trying to send your PC to sleep mode while it is recording, it will go to away mode instead. But: If you have configured "hibernate" for you power button or remote off, the system will go to hibernate, not to away mode. This is a Windows "feature" (no bug ;)) which is described in the PowerScheduler wiki.

Michael

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Feature request: ability to disable logging.

Logs seems to be filled with [PS StandbyWakeup] which makes finding relevant entries harder. I don't want to decrease global logging, because I need debug logs from non-PS stuff.

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thank you for your great plugin it works perefectly for me.
    However I like to request one easy adjustment for better handling.
    It would be good to have the text box at the "Processes" tab as a list box or at least multi line textbox. Reason is as for me who has a lot games installed the list of processes contains more than 24 entries. As you can surely belive it is getting harder to maintain it. If the source is available somewhere I could easily help implementing this.

Best regards
    Bio

YARD2

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I developed a external hardware for wakeup a system mainly from S5 and for IR control.
    Y.A.R.D.2 - Currently only in german
    My WinLirc Plugin for MediaPortal can be found here

Would it be possible to integrate the wakeup programming into PowerScheduler++ ?
    Programming can easily be done via shared memory, TCP or commandline program.
    Or if you need a new interface I can implement it.
    It should not be much effort.

With best regards,
    YARD2

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thank you for your great plugin it works perefectly for me.
    However I like to request one easy adjustment for better handling.
    It would be good to have the text box at the "Processes" tab as a list box or at least multi line textbox. Reason is as for me who has a lot games installed the list of processes contains more than 24 entries. As you can surely belive it is getting harder to maintain it. If the source is available somewhere I could easily help implementing this.

Best regards
    Bio
    The source is available since it is now part of Mediaportal.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I developed a external hardware for wakeup a system mainly from S5 and for IR control.

Would it be possible to integrate the wakeup programming into PowerScheduler++ ?
    Programming can easily be done via shared memory, TCP or commandline program.
    Or if you need a new interface I can implement it.
    It should not be much effort.

With best regards,
    YARD2
    PowerScheduler sources are publicly available and patches for bugfixes or even improvements are welcome.

Michael

YARD2

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

With best regards,
    YARD2
    PowerScheduler sources are publicly available and patches for bugfixes or even improvements are welcome.

Michael

Thanks, Then I try it :)
    ---Can you give me a hint which repository / path I should use ?
    I found it, but is hard to get into the source.
    Is there an easy way just to run a external program on shutdown / suspend with the next wakeuptime as argument ?

YARD2

Last edited:

YARD2

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps this would be a nice feature for others, too ;)
    For me it is to hard to change this plugin.
    YARD2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom