PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

agillett

July 10, 2011
Home Country
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.1.3.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi Michael,

The problem is that the PS++ client plugin is not present in the Plugins page in MediaPortal Configuration. PS++ is present and enabled in the TV-Server Configuration screen however.

I tried re-installing PS++ and made certain that both the client and server plugins were checked for installation but the PS++ plugin still appears only in the TV server configuration. I'm sure that I didn't de-select the client plugin the first time around anyway.

I assume that I've missed some basic step, but I just can't see what.

I've attached all the log files from both the MediaPortal and TV Server folders.

thanks,
Andrew

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.1.3.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi Andrew,

I have no idea why the client plugin does not get installed. From MPE Installer you should do a complete "Uninstall" of the PowerScheduler++ plugin and then install it again. Then check files: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\PowerScheduler.dll and C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\PowerSchedulerInterfaces.dll. Both should be the PowerScheduler++ files (different date than the others and version 1.1.3.0).

Michael

agillett

July 10, 2011
Home Country

Hi Michael,

Well, I've uninstalled and re-installed PS++ several times. The DLLs are there but the icon never appears in the Plugins panel for MP. The only Process plugin I see is Audioscrobbler.

The DLL that I get is:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.dll
(not PowerScheduler.dll).

When I enter the Plugins panel, I can see that entries related to PowerScheduler appear in the Configuration.log file but nothing that indicates any error.

I'd be happy to help try and resolve this any way I can, but for the time being I've just disabled PS++ from putting the system into standby.

regards,
Andrew

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.1.3.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi Michael,

Well, I've uninstalled and re-installed PS++ several times. The DLLs are there but the icon never appears in the Plugins panel for MP. The only Process plugin I see is Audioscrobbler.
Then there is something wrong with your installation. There should be much more standard process plugins besides Audioscrobbler and PowerScheduler(++)...

The DLL that I get is:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.dll
(not PowerScheduler.dll).
Sorry, that was my mistake. It should be PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.dll.

When I enter the Plugins panel, I can see that entries related to PowerScheduler appear in the Configuration.log file but nothing that indicates any error.

I'd be happy to help try and resolve this any way I can, but for the time being I've just disabled PS++ from putting the system into standby.

regards,
Andrew
Well, I would recommend a reinstall of MP.

Michael

agillett

July 10, 2011
Home Country

OK, Ive worked it out. The first time you go into MP configuration, you are prompted for "Standard mode" or "Expert mode" with an option not to ask again. I had selected "Standard mode" and clicked the "don't ask again" checkbox.

"Standard mode" hides many of the plugins, including PS++. This is why the only Process plugin I could only see was Audioscrobbler.

Thanks again for your help, Michael.

Andrew

gurkc006

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.1.3.0 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi
I just installed PowerScheduler++ and on the first view it seems to work :)
I have one feature request:

At the moment you can select the mode of shutdown (standby,hibernate...). Do you think, it would be possible to differentiate regarding time of day? I have a scheme like the following in my mind:

If power off is requested between 10:00 and 22:00 o'clock: enter standby
If power off is requested between 22:00 and 10:00 o'clock: enter hibernation
If in standby at 22:00 then wake up and enter hibernation

Do you think this would be possible/helpfull?
Thanks and Greetings
Christian

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Do you think, it would be possible to differentiate regarding time of day? I have a scheme like the following in my mind:

If power off is requested between 10:00 and 22:00 o'clock: enter standby
If power off is requested between 22:00 and 10:00 o'clock: enter hibernation
If in standby at 22:00 then wake up and enter hibernation

Do you think this would be possible/helpfull?
Well, it would be possible to implement a scheduler for the shutdown mode. But it would be a lot of work and I do not see much use in it:
  1. The shutdown mode from PS configuration is only used if you check the "PowerScheduler forces system to standby" option, which is recommended only for systems that have problems with standby. If you leave standby to Windows (recommended), PowerScheduler has no influence on what shutdown mode is used. This is taken only from the Windows Power Settings.
  2. You have to map shutdown actions (Power off button, notebook lid, ...) to "(Hybrid) Sleep", otherwise Away mode will not work. Of course you could configure PS++ to force shutdown with "Hibernate" and have only the manual shutdown actions mapped to "Sleep", but I would recommend not use "Hibernate" at all on modern systems.

Michael

bastos

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

--(edit September 19 2011)--

Surprisingly now everything seems to work properly.

After I had enabled "extensive logs" in the client plugin config, I waited for shutdown and restart for a recording. Then everything happened and worked fine...

---

I have upgraded my system to win 7 32bit with sp1. after fresh install mp 1.1.3 i installed ps++. wakeup worked perfectly even at shutdown (s5) but auto shutdown did not work.

so i set win to go to energy saving mode after x-min. than auto-shutdown works.

but since than no wakeup works anymore. what can i do?

thanks, bastos

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

Hi Michael.

Can/Will you release a 1.2.0 Final release of this plugin in the repository?

Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom