PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

ControllerActiveHandler looks for busy tv controller cards, i.e. it prevents standby if the tv server is recording or timeshifting (streaming tv, recordings or radio to the client).

From the logs I cannot see if there was another scheduled recording after 2:55 when one recording ended but the handler thought the tv controller is still busy. If not, there seems to be a bug that hopefully is reproducible. You should try this and give me some feedback...

Michael

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

Ok. I'll try to reproduce it.

Yesterday evening I found out that my tv database was partly corrupted (had to repair schedule, program and recordings table) due to a wrong shutdown which had nothing to do with MediaPortal (power brakedown in our village for some minutes).

Maybe this was my problem but I'll do some tests today evening.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

After my database repair it hasn't happened again.
I'll suppose this was my problem but I'll watch for it.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

Hey...

I tried the reboot option this morning but it did'nt work. Did pc did not wake up to reboot.
    Is ps++ using 24h format? Because then it could be that 09:30 would reboot the system at 21:30 in 24h format.
    The reboot option worked with the previous ps++ version with the exact same set up of my pc.

Rico

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

Reboot does not work twice a day; if you already booted your PC on one day (also manually) PS++ wont reboot it on the same day (independent of time).
    If this is not the cause of your Problem then please send logs.

Michael

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

@all: Does anyone else running MP 1.2.1 on Windows XP experience similar problems?

Yes, I have exactly the same problem, a cpu load of a 100% perfectly corresponding to the time set in "check interval in seconds"

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

Is your CPU load also low again (as with Daniel), if you disable the "Wakeup ..." option? Have you tried the proposed steps to further narrow down the problem?

Update: I could reproduce the problem, which only appears on Windows XP, and released a new version of PS++ (1.2.1.2) that will not use excessive CPU load on check intervals.

Michael

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

Update: I could reproduce the problem, which only appears on Windows XP, and released a new version of PS++ (1.2.1.2) that will not use excessive CPU load on check intervals.

Michael

Thank you so very much, the new version runs perfectly!:D

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.1 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

So you didn't believe me... ;-)

Thanks for fixing it!

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: PowerScheduler++ 1.2.1.2 - Stable version for MediaPortal 1.2.1 FINAL

I'm having trouble upgrading from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.1.2. It says it installed correctly and went through all the installation screens for 1.2.1.2 but when I look at the version numbers in the server and the client they both still say 1.2.1.0. I have tried rebooting the system and disabling PS++ before the upgrade but it still says 1.2.1.0. Also the boot up logs for both server and client still say 1.2.1.0.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom