powerscheduler preventing sleep (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Found my issue.
Multiseat and PowerScheduler++ "knows" that the clients are there (even although the are nOT using the HTPC, so it prevents the Windows Hibernate request from working.
I proved this by disconnecting my clients from the network. Voila, HTPC goes into hibernation.
Hope yours turns out to be something as silly as this.
This is the intended behaviour - as long as any client is active the server has to be up, too.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Whilst the pc will now sleep initially it seems it won't if it has been active with TV playing. I've attached logs that show there is no longer any driver preventing sleep, and windows sleep is set to 15 minutes
So we can concentrate on the original issue now...
The logs provided give me no hint why your Windows system does not go to sleep. So please do me a favour and open the TV Server config and make sure that the PowerScheduler settings have been applied (modify some setting, click "Apply" and make sure that the Apply button is grayed out then). Then restart the tvservice, wait for sleep mode and if it does not happen, then send me the logs.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
This was a big problem for me on some versions before 1.3. Never had it once on 1.3 itself which I used until a couple of weeks ago but after installing 1.5 it seems to be back. My symptoms are :-
1: 1.5 Default install (No PS++) No waking to record.
2: 1.5 Default install (Using PS++) Wakes to record but wont go to standby if 'grab epg when idle' is ticked. (Even though 'grab epg when timeshifting' is selected epg is never updated and has to be done manually).
3: 1.5 with MP tvserver and FTR scheduler.....Flawless.
Same for you: please open a new thread for your problem and do not mix it up with other people's...

Michael

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
@michael_t,

I do not have a 'Problem' I was offering the OP a possible solution to his problem.....See point 3 of my post, Although I have to admit it could have been worded better.

Collective

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK, here is my version of PowerScheduler++ for 1.6 Pre Release.

Literally the ONLY change is changing the lines below (comment, and change).

//_remoteClientStandbyHandler.DisAllowShutdown = true;
_remoteClientStandbyHandler.DisAllowShutdown = false;

This allows MY HTPC/Server to hibernate (just did) even although the clients are nagging it.

Replace the one in Program Files, under the TV Server and Plugins folder (don't the the path on this PC - it's 64 bit).

This is exactly what I need. My clients rarely need to access the TV server, they are standalone with their own HDD's of media to play, but they are keeping the main HTPC from sleeping.
Does this file you compiled work with 1.6 final? and how do I use it? the file is a .pdb file and the file you said to replace is a dll. Should I just rename the pdb file to dll?
I really wish this setting was changeable in the GUI

Thanks

pjaynz

December 11, 2014
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I see this thread has dried up a little with no apparent solution – or there has been a solution and I have missed it … my apologies if this is the case.

I too ran into the Legacy Kernel Caller problem when attempting to set my HTPC up to start up and shutdown as needed rather than run 24/7.

HTPC – Windows 7 Pro, Asus Motherboard, with TeVii S480 satellite card and 24/11/2014 drivers.

Some observations that may help:
  1. Mediaportal>Powerscheduler shows Legacy Kernel Caller (LKC) driver as preventing standby operation – HTPC will not go into standby.

2. Powercfg>reports shows LKC as active.

3. Powercfg>requestsoverride has no effect or LKC is reestablished immediately

4. TVServerConfig>EPG on or off has no effect

5. TVServerConfig>TVServers>HTPC>Cards>TeVii DVB>Edit will clear LKC and standby will occur. Windows>Services>TVServer is being restarted? Note that the S480 is a dual tuner card and editing either tuner or both resets the LKC flag, also it is not necessary to change any values during the edit.

6. Windows>Services>TVServer>Restart will clear LKC - standby occurs.

7. Any satellite card access either via scheduled recording or MP's GUI, sets LKC and prevents standby – this includes scheduled recovery from standby.
Maybe MP>TVServer is not resetting the LKC flag when recording is completed? Or the TeVii S480 cannot be reset or does not respond properly – once setup, how does the card “know” it is no longer being used anyway? Or there is an incompatibility between the two?

Possible workaround> – a script inside MP – sorry this is way out of my league! to perform a Services>TVServer>Restart on recording completion.

Mediaportal has operated trouble free for a number of years – my thanks to the folks that develop and publish this system – fantastic.

Paul

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would recommend you to set the PowerScheduler's "PowerScheduler forces standby" option in the Advanced config tab to make PowerScheduler actively suspend your PC when it is no longer idle. This should fix your problem.

Michael

pjaynz

December 11, 2014
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Many thanks Michael - that change in setting did the trick - I have now had 24x hours of trouble free start/stopping over some 10 TV recordings.

Merry Xmas - Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom