PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

I've been trying to setup a regular reboot using Powerscheduler++ plugin but so far I have had no success. I set the reboot for 12 noon today (Friday) and started MP 1.2.0 beta. I then put the system to sleep inside MP. Nothing happened at noon. Has anyone managed to get reboot to work or am I carrying out the procedure incorrectly? Log attached.
Reboot is only done once a day, independent of manual reboot (power on) or PS++ triggered reboot. So if you started your system from power off, there will be no more automatic reboot on that day.
If you still have problems with reboot, please send full logs (see first post on how to do this).

I have Powerscheduler++ (under MP 1.2.0 beta) configured to put
the computer to sleep after 5 mins and the box ticked for "No
standby while MP client is not running". The normal Windows
Power Options are set to sleep after 15 mins.

With these settings I had expected that while idle running MP
the computer would sleep after 5 mins but when not using MP the
Windows Power Control Options would be followed and the computer
would sleep after 15 mins. In fact when not using MP the
computer never sleeps! It seems that PS++ completely overrides
the Windows settings. Is this the case? Thanks.
PS++ does not "overrride" Windows power settings, it simply runs in parallel. I do not know what you mean by "not using MP": Did you stop the MP TV-Server or only the MP client? SinceI have no configuration and logs from you I cannot really support you. See that your PS++ server configuration is set to one of the predefined profiles (I assume "Desktop" in your case). If you still have problems then, please send full logs (see on first post how to do it).

Hi,
I use the plugin in Version 1.1.7.1 with the current version of Media Portal in SVN and Windows 7 x32.
I hope something can be found in this log.

Thanks.
PS++ 1.1.7.1 is designed only for MP 1.2 Beta. I cannot tell if and how it will run with one of the newer SVNs. In your log I can see that PS++ does not recognize the active recording, but since I do not know what was changed in the SVN since 1.2 Beta I cannot tell you why. Downgrade to MP 1.2 Beta and if you still have the problem send me full logs (see on first post how do do this).

Michael

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

I have a possible angle on resolving the mute and awake from away mode / sleep after away mode issue. I found a utility called NirCmd, which can UnMute the system. It could be run after a resume to UnMute the system:

NirCmd - Windows command line tool

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PowerScheduler for 1.2 beta 'issue'

:DI can understand that PowerScheduler runs in parallel with Windows - that is fine.

Amazingly I even got this to work REALLY easily and it is a MASSIVE improvement on having the PC whirring all day and night - so thank you!

:D

I would also like the possibility of temporarily disabling it.

Reason is that I have/had it set to power down after 5 minutes, but I was in the middle of configuring MediaPortal et al and it went into hiberrnation!

Not a huge problem, it came out OK, but I seemed to remember it had an option of powering down ONLY when on the Home screen. This might be difficult now as you can't know there IS a Home screen.

Simple workaround is to change the timeout to something bigger, but I have forgotten to do this a few times and been 'surprised'.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: PowerScheduler for 1.2 beta 'issue'

:DI can understand that PowerScheduler runs in parallel with Windows - that is fine.

Amazingly I even got this to work REALLY easily and it is a MASSIVE improvement on having the PC whirring all day and night - so thank you!

:D

I would also like the possibility of temporarily disabling it.

Reason is that I have/had it set to power down after 5 minutes, but I was in the middle of configuring MediaPortal et al and it went into hiberrnation!

Not a huge problem, it came out OK, but I seemed to remember it had an option of powering down ONLY when on the Home screen. This might be difficult now as you can't know there IS a Home screen.

Simple workaround is to change the timeout to something bigger, but I have forgotten to do this a few times and been 'surprised'.
    You can configure PowerScheduler++ to only shut down, when the MediaPortal client is running.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Even better (in my opinion) is to let Windows do the timer business and PS++ only report to windows when it is busy. That way Windows will not go to sleep while you are working with it.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Even better (in my opinion) is to let Windows do the timer business and PS++ only report to windows when it is busy. That way Windows will not go to sleep while you are working with it.
    That's not a good idea. If Windows puts the computer into standby/hibernate/whatever, the computer will not wake up for recordings for instance.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That's not a good idea. If Windows puts the computer into standby/hibernate/whatever, the computer will not wake up for recordings for instance.

Not true. PS++ handles these event perfectly. Set Windows to put your computer to Standby (or Hybrid Sleep). Set PS++ not to force computer to sleep and it will work perfectly.

PS++ has a handler that runs when the computer is starting to sleep, which registers times for waking up. In addition to that it informs windows when it is busy (music, tv, video, pics, action or recording) and it even can avoid sleep if you push the off button on your PC while MP is recording (it will send PC to Away mode).

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hey guys...

I've got a problem.
    I set up my system completly fresh with appr. some 70% of new hardware and with changing from MCE to MP.
    Now I'm dealing with a proper sleeping manner.
    I want my system to use S4 except when tv is being recorded. In this case I want the system to enter away mode of course.
    I'm using Win7 x64 with MP 1.2 and the respective version of PS++.
    First I tried to solve the problem via PS++ which turned out not to help. Then I tried to configure Win7 energy options
    so that my system would react properly.
    I opened a new thread in the German forum, maybe that explains better: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ruhezustand-standby-490/einstellungen-fuer-away-mode-bei-laufender-aufnahme-98710/
    My last approach was to set win energy options like I think they should work but even then with actualy pressing
    the power button on my pc it would not work.
    I either can choose to use the s4 but will cancel recordings while pressing the power button or i can use the away mode
    when recordings are being made but will have my system entering s3 when pressing the power button the rest (and most) of
    the time....

Please help anyone...

Regards,

Rico

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom