PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

pisdu

Portal Pro
March 7, 2006
Switzerland
Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Nice plugin , have some request if possible , a taskbar icon to quick disable the standby and an option for reboot after a number of resumes

thanks a lot

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Nice plugin , have some request if possible , a taskbar icon to quick disable the standby and an option for reboot after a number of resumes

thanks a lot
The option for reboot after a number of resumes would be no problem, but the taskbar would be mor complicated to implement. What should it do exactly?

Michael

pisdu

Portal Pro
March 7, 2006
Switzerland
Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thanks Michael , the taskbar could be a way to quick disable the plugin or the standby

Thanks again

thanks a lot
The option for reboot after a number of resumes would be no problem, but the taskbar would be mor complicated to implement. What should it do exactly?

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thanks Michael , the taskbar could be a way to quick disable the plugin or the standby
Why should you want to enable / disable the PS++ plugin interactively?
Please do not mind me asking that much, but I want to understand your problem to give you appropriate support.
Do you want to prevent PS++ from sending the PC to standby while you have the MP client closed and you are working on your PC? Then there is an option on the server plugin's Processes tab ("No standby while MediaPortal client is not running").
Or is there a special situation, that I do not know, when you want to disable PS++?

Michael

Testudo

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi all,
I use this plugin in Version 1.1.7 with MediaPortal V1.2.0beta.
First I used the Power-Mode S4 (Suspend to disk) and PowerScheduler++ works fine.
Now I changed the Power-Mode to S3 (Suspend to RAM) and the PC doesn't wake up for a scheduled record.
Everyone an idee? What can I do?

Regards
Testudo

TomPP

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I've been trying to setup a regular reboot using Powerscheduler++ plugin but so far I have had no success. I set the reboot for 12 noon today (Friday) and started MP 1.2.0 beta. I then put the system to sleep inside MP. Nothing happened at noon. Has anyone managed to get reboot to work or am I carrying out the procedure incorrectly? Log attached.

Attachments

• tv.zip
    1.6 KB

ndeans

Portal Member
July 5, 2006
Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi all,
First I used the Power-Mode S4 (Suspend to disk) and PowerScheduler++ works fine.
Now I changed the Power-Mode to S3 (Suspend to RAM) and the PC doesn't wake up for a scheduled record.

Regards
Testudo

I'm having exactly the same issue, i find the (S4) suspend too intense on the hardware and prefer the (S3) suspend but doesn't seem to want to come out of sleep for recording. I'll keep trying and if a can't make it happen i'll have to get some log files done to send through.

Testudo

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi all,

Regards
Testudo

I'm having exactly the same issue, i find the (S4) suspend too intense on the hardware and prefer the (S3) suspend but doesn't seem to want to come out of sleep for recording. I'll keep trying and if a can't make it happen i'll have to get some log files done to send through.

I tried many things due to this problem. Now I can say, that this is probably a hardware problem. I use a SSD as system disk and this have a lot of problems with waking up from S3. On manufaktures support forum there are a lot of posts about such mistakes. :mad:

TomPP

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have Powerscheduler++ (under MP 1.2.0 beta) configured to put
the computer to sleep after 5 mins and the box ticked for "No
standby while MP client is not running". The normal Windows
Power Options are set to sleep after 15 mins.

With these settings I had expected that while idle running MP
the computer would sleep after 5 mins but when not using MP the
Windows Power Control Options would be followed and the computer
would sleep after 15 mins. In fact when not using MP the
computer never sleeps! It seems that PS++ completely overrides
the Windows settings. Is this the case? Thanks.

Jochen80

Portal Member
March 21, 2011
Teningen
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: PowerScheduler++ Test Versions - 1.1.7.1 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi,
I use the plugin in Version 1.1.7.1 with the current version of Media Portal in SVN and Windows 7 x32.

Yesterday evening, I had the following problem:
I wanted to record the following movie: Lock Up - Überleben ist alles (VOX 22:28-00:25). The HTPC resumed successfully from standby and recorded 5 minutes. After that, the HTPC went into standby and did not wake up again. When I arrived at home I started the HTPC manually at 22:53.

I've configured the plugin that the HTPC should go into standby after 5 minutes in case the system is idle. But this should not happen during a recording.

This problem has now occurred the second time to me.
Unfortunately, I have only the TV.log, the Mediaportal.log for that time span is missing. If the problem occurs again, I'm trying to get full logs.

I hope something can be found in this log.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom