PowerScheduler++ test versions (2 Viewers)

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.1.6)

michael_t
    Thanks for the new release and for the new shutdown option feature. Now everything seems to work fine. Keep it up this plugin!!:D

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Re: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.1.6)

Does away mode also works for processes? I have accidentally pressed standby button when computer was downloading EPG via external utility (added to processes of course), but it still standby.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.1.6)

I thought a lot about the problem but could not find a solution. The point is: How does the system know reliably that you are doing something (administrative work, updates, ...) and want to keep it up?

I don't think the system needs to know what I'm doing. Basically I just want a setting that says 'Only allow suspend when MP GUI is running'. This would be similar to the other options like e.g. no automatic suspend while grabbing EPG.

Have you seen 0001092: VISTA: Power-Off button on remote hibernates even when recording is active and the changes made in WebSVN - MediaPortal - Rev 26613 - / ?
    Thank you for the hint! After having a first look at the code I would estimate it as a very first step, but it is a beginning... The biggest problem IMHO is that AwayModeRequired is set always when a suspend should be prevented; there is no distinction if away mode is really needed (tv recording, remote streaming) or not (EPG grabbing, local streaming, process running, ...).

Being able to select in which of those cases the system should enter away mode, suspend or, if possible, completely ignore the request could be a very nice feature! As default away mode is great when recording or clients are active, but entering it during local streaming is just... Wrong. ;) What to do while grabbing EPG is more a matter of taste.

I will try to get in contact with MrHipp, maybe we can bring our things together...

Great. No need to duplicate work!

//Johannes

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.1.6)

Does away mode also works for processes?
    Being able to select in which of those cases the system should enter away mode, suspend or, if possible, completely ignore the request could be a very nice feature!
    At the moment away mode is only used for recording and remote streaming, because in these situations it is obviously not acceptable that someone switches off the server. But since PS++ code is pretty flexible I see no big problem in making away mode configurable for other standby handlers (EPG, process, network, shares, ...). There could be a second checkbox next to the ones with "Prevent standby while ..." named "Do not accept power off while ...". Would that be ok?
    Basically I just want a setting that says 'Only allow suspend when MP GUI is running'.
    This would only work for a single-seat machine, since a dedicated server has no GUI and therefore would never suspend. But I could try to find out if there is a (working) client installation on the machine and only then prevent automatic standby while the client is not running...

Michael

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.1.6)

At the moment away mode is only used for recording and remote streaming, because in these situations it is obviously not acceptable that someone switches off the server. But since PS++ code is pretty flexible I see no big problem in making away mode configurable for other standby handlers (EPG, process, network, shares, ...). There could be a second checkbox next to the ones with "Prevent standby while ..." named "Do not accept power off while ...". Would that be ok?

Yes, I believe it would. However, I've been thinking about whether it would be an idea to move all 'Prevent...' to a single tab, rather than split up as it is now, and for each case be able to set none, suspend or away . I think it could be quite nice not having to jump between tabs. Hmm...

Basically I just want a setting that says 'Only allow suspend when MP GUI is running'.
    This would only work for a single-seat machine, since a dedicated server has no GUI and therefore would never suspend. But I could try to find out if there is a (working) client installation on the machine and only then prevent automatic standby while the client is not running...

Indeed it would, but I'm not sure this is a problem. If you run a dedicated server you might not use standby at all, and even if you do it's probably less of a problem setting the time-out higher or simply starting a process which prevents standby.

Not preventing automatic standby on a server without client install (by checking the registry or perhaps the existence of some files?) would be a nice touch, but perhaps not critical. If you enable this setting on a dedicated server, well... :)

//Johannes

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.2.0.7)

Hi there,

I also think the option of "only allow standby if MePo Client is running" (and obviously installed) is a good idea. +1

Could this be a tick box, that is greyed out if MePo client is not installed?

Many thanks,

J.

ps - Thanks for all your effort :D

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.2.0.7)

Hi,

I dont understand this tickboxes in TVServerconfig ( Singleseat )

- no Standby while MP Client is NOT running
    - prevent Power off while MP is running
    - allow Powerschduler to modify system energie settings

Please, can you explain this new futures ?:D

Best Regards
    Harald

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.2.0.7)

Jay_UK:
    Is implemented in 1.2.0.7

Haraldpeter:
    - no Standby while MP Client is NOT running
    is exactly the checkbox to prevent standby while MP client is not running on single-seat setups (see discussion above)

- prevent Power off while ...
    enables away mode required (so that power off will not suspend/shutdown but put the system in away mode) while EPG grabbing, network activity, processes running, ...

- allow Powerschduler to modify system energie settings
    This is a hook for a future feature (disabled at the moment)

Michael

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

First of all I have to thank you for this amazing plugin. This plugin just does everything and then some! :)

However I'm having a weird problem with this plugin using MP 1.2.0 Alpha in Windows 7 32-bit. My setup is singleseat. I have just started using this plugin so I have no previous experience with it.

I have enabled Sleep-mode in Win7 (I've set it to 30 min) in control panel --> power options.

As suggested in a previous post in this thread, I've also tried using MCE Standby tool (beta for win7) and it finds nothing wrong with my power settings.

I've set up Powerscheduler++ with the HTPC-settings. I have enabled epg grabbing and reboot twice a week (and now extensive logging). Otherwise they're the basic settings.

However everytime Powerscheduler is supposed to put my HTPC to sleep, I get this in the log file and nothing happens -- the computer doesn't go to standby. See below the last line for my problem.

Log:
    Code:
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.953010 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: LoadSettings
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.968011 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: SetWakeupTimer
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.970011 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting GenericWakeupHandler: 
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.997012 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting ScheduledRecordingsHandler: 
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.998012 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting XmlTvImportWakeupHandler: 
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.998012 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting EpgGrabbingHandler: 23.11.2010 3:00:00
    2010-11-19 22:58:05.999012 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting RebootHandler: 22.11.2010 3:00:00
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.001012 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting PowerSchedulerClientPlugin: 
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.012013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Set wakeup timer to wakeup system at 22.11.2010 2:59:00
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.013013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: CheckForStandby
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.013013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting GenericStandbyHandler: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.014013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting ActiveStreamsHandler: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.014013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting ControllerActiveHandler: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.016013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting ProcessActiveHandler: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.016013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting NetworkMonitorHandler: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.018013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Inspecting PowerSchedulerClientPlugin: Standby allowed
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.018013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Check whether the next event is almost due
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.018013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: AllowStandby()
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.018013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: System is idle and may sleep
    2010-11-19 22:58:06.019013 [Powerscheduler Timer(12)]: PowerScheduler: Active shutdown is disabled - suspend/hibernate manually or by system idle timer

What could be causing this "Active shutdown is disabled"....?

I have set up sleep in "control panel --> power options" to 30 min as I described earlier. And if my HTPC is idle for 30 min, Windows enters standby mode as it should.

Please, does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong that prevents Powerscheduler++ from entering the system to standby? :confused:

:D

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia

Can you add a feature to check for active file shares? Something like network activity, except it checks only file sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom