Pre 1.16: Problem with BD-J and external codec video (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Excuse me,
    the menu is operating normally, the problem happens when you forward or you skip the chapter, it slows to a crash
    I can't see the problem in the log file.
    Can you please make a short video for us? (I won't be able to see the problem with TeamViewer. The connection has too much lag.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In fact, however, if you use the Titan skin and load the disc manually thr external player works,
    but doing so without Moving picture how I view the ISO library?
    Sorry, I don't understand. :(

P.S. It's 4 AM now here in New Zealand, so I'm going to sleep. I will check for updates when I wake up. :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello ,
    @Icaro
    for show your iso on MP without MovPic, you must set the root folder of your iso inside Myvideo plugins, on configuration side.
    and in second times, enable the feature for MP use virtual drive for mount iso files.
    when this is done, run MP an go to MyVideo and play your iso file.

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hello ,
    @Icaro
    for show your iso on MP without MovPic, you must set the root folder of your iso inside Myvideo plugins, on configuration side.
    and in second times, enable the feature for MP use virtual drive for mount iso files.
    when this is done, run MP an go to MyVideo and play your iso file.

Yes, but the great thing about MP is also to have (thanks to plugins like MovPic) all Blu-ray librairy displayed on MP with All information as well.

So far I have used for years MP until 1.14 with StreamedMP and MovingPicture,
    both with the internal player that with the external player, and never any trouble.
    Now from 1.15 I find some difficulty.
    just makes the external player has begun to function as a miracle,
    after a restart of MP, does not works again...

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I can't see the problem in the log file.
    Can you please make a short video for us? (I won't be able to see the problem with TeamViewer. The connection has too much lag.)

Good morning! :)

Therefore, the problem occurs only when you start from the menu and you try to skip the chapter ( "F8" jumping trailer and several warnings, before the actual menu),
    the video starts to slow down until it locks.
    If we start from the main title or while watching the film, changing chapter (F8) no problem.

I tried to load the video, but too big, and with my poor connection it is impossible to load it.
    I made a little video with my smartphone (an hour to load it), I do not know if it makes the idea of what happens.

Link to video:
    https://dropfile.to/Wfe00bH

Here in Italy now is 1:30 am
    Now I go to sleep, we feel when I wake up. :sleep:

P.S.
    with external player I resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling MP for the umpteenth time :rolleyes:

bye see you soon

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello @lcaro

Sorry for the slow reply - the last few days have been really busy!

Thanks for your video. One idea came to me after watching it: what happens if you try configuring MP to use LAV audio decoder instead of Arcsoft audio decoder? (You can still use Arcsoft video decoder.)
    I ask this because we already saw that the graph contains both LAV and Arcsoft for audio even when you configure MP to only use Arcsoft. This tells me that the Arcsoft audio decoder is probably unable to handle the Blu-Ray's audio format. Having two audio codecs in the graph can cause slower playback sometimes.

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello :)
    Tried, if I use the LAV audio codec, the chart is correct:

6L2IiVe.png

The problem though, is that in combination Arcosft Video and LAV audio, create problems of slowing down and out of sync, especially if you start from the menu,
    while viewing the pre-main movie material, probably because this material is typically with a 25i frame rate, so very often different from the frame rate of the main movie which in genre is at 23p or some records here in Italy at 24p, then of course there are also the 25i.
    I think when reading and the change in frequency from 50p to 23p will generate conflicts with synchronization delay between audio and video.

Sometimes, with some records also it happens using only the codec LAV Audio and Video (always starting from the menu).
    In my opinion, should be working on a "Real" Dynamic Refresh Rate
    able to read and hooked on the fly the right frequency for each material that comes to them.
    At the moment the DRR, only engages the frequency of the main movie (at 23fps or 24fps, with problems while viewing the menu 25i) or in some cases, if you start from the menu, the frequency of the first file (in this case the 25i we'll display the main movie 23p to 50p)

However, beyond all this,
    I did not use the Audio LAV filters, because they come up with a volume too low,
    and there is no way to increase or handle the volume,
    there is a way to solve?

Maybe I misunderstood, but the Arcsoft Audio decoder is capable of handling, the Blu-Ray's audio format

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem though, is that in combination Arcosft Video and LAV audio, create problems of slowing down and out of sync...
    Does this also happen with EVR (instead of madVR)?
    Can you provide a screenshot of your LAV audio decoder configuration?

In my opinion, should be working on a "Real" Dynamic Refresh Rate
    able to read and hooked on the fly the right frequency for each material that comes to them.
    MP already does that. Refresh rate is updated as long as the material (title/chapter) length is at least 60 seconds. For shorter material (could be only a 5 second "logo") we don't think there's much point.

At the moment the DRR, only engages the frequency of the main movie (at 23fps or 24fps, with problems while viewing the menu 25i)...
    Sorry, that's simply not true.

P.S. In your newest log files MP's dynamic refresh rate handling was disabled. I assume that you enabled it?

I did not use the Audio LAV filters, because they come up with a volume too low,
    and there is no way to increase or handle the volume,
    there is a way to solve?
    MP has volume controls (increase volume: +/= key, decrease volume: -/_ key). Did you try them?
    ...and did you enable bit-streaming in LAV audio configuration? (If yes, that's the reason. When bit-streaming, volume can only be adjusted on the TV or AV receiver. That's expected and by design for all HTPCs, not just MP.)

Maybe I misunderstood, but the Arcsoft Audio decoder is capable of handling, the Blu-Ray's audio format
    Like I said, if Arcsoft can handle it, I wouldn't have expected to see LAV also in the graph. That's a strong sign that Arcsoft audio decoder can't handle the audio format.
    Maybe there's a difference between "ArcSoft Audio Decoder" and "ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom