Pre-testing of MediaPortal 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

Select the first option if you have tested and it is all working fine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear all,

We are starting to get the release of 1.2.3 ready, so here is an installer with most of the scheduled fixes included.

The included fixes are

- 0003811: [TvServer] Building TvServer in x64 environment fails (offbyone) - feedback.
    - 0002914: [Streaming] When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop (Owlsroost) - merge pending.
    - 0003806: [TsReader] Black screen on TV start or channel change (Owlsroost) - merge pending.
    - 0003732: [TvServer] Digital Everywhere can cause locked CAM (DieBagger) - merge pending.
    - 0003770: [general] Debug build script for MediaPortal fails to build (arion_p) - Work in Progress.
    - 0003739: [MPEI] MPEI randomly hangs when installing fonts (Migue) - merge pending.
    - 0003737: [MediaPortal 1] Video frame size change on TV channel change fails with some decode filters (Owlsroost) - merge pending.
    - 0003738: [MediaPortal 1] Operand size mismatch in the 'PresentImage' callback parameters from dshowhelper to MP (Owlsroost) - merge pending.
    - 0003719: [Music] Album view does not drill down correctly (jameson_uk) - merge pending.
    - 0003809: [Videos] Media description file (*.mds) cause double entry on movie scan (deda) - merge pending.
    - 0003792: [Videos] TMDB images search fail (changes in TMDB returned xml) (deda) - merge pending.
    - 0003769: [general] Building MediaPortal in x64 environment fails (tourettes) - resolved.
    - 0003791: [Music] Music label 2 is not validated (jameson_uk) - assigned.
    - 0003810: [Music] Cover art grab does not work for music albums (hwahrmann) - merge pending.
    - 0003804: [TV / Full Screen] Under certain circumstances the wrong teletext subtitles are shown - new.
    - 0003803: [TV / Full Screen] For channels with /only/ AC3 sound, preferred language isn't respected - new.

Please note that there is also a fix for

- 0003717: [My TV / TVGuide] EPG grabbing from DVB stream does not work for Freeview HD (UK) channels (djblu) - merge pending.

so for anyone with DBT-T2 in the UK, the EPG will work correctly for those channels. It is not currently our intention to include this in 1.2.3, but testing will be very helpful to ensure that when we do decide to include it, it works well!

The installer can be downloaded from MediaPortalSetup_1.2.0-190-gee57b86%20(pre_release_1.2.3_testing%20branch)%20for%20TESTING%20ONLY_2012-03-12-19-40.exe

(updated 12/3/2012 with additional fix for mantis 3810)

There should be no issues with skins. If everyone can test and report back on whether bugs they discovered are fixed, it would really help.

Best wishes,

Mark

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is an Upgrade to the final version possible or not ?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Is an Upgrade to the final version possible or not ?

This installer will actually report itself as 1.2.0, so you can't do a normal upgrade from 1.2.2.

It is also likely that the final 1.2.3 installer won't allow an upgrade from it.

Please bear in mind that these installers are intended for testing purposes, not for regular use. However, my experience with these fixes is that they are fine.

It is possible to do an upgrade to this build by finding the temporary installer files. In order to do this, you have to run the installer, and then exit when you get to the install/upgrade screen. On W7/Vista, the path to the files will be something like

User\AppData\local\temp\MediaPortal

where user is your username. I can't remember the exact path, but can confirm later.

Mark

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Then in deploy dir, you can find both separate installer :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    207 views of the thread, and not one person testing (apart from me) ?

What can we do to get you to test?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I think the "It is also likely that the final 1.2.3 installer won't allow an upgrade from it." brake the users to install it. :(

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I think the "It is also likely that the final 1.2.3 installer won't allow an upgrade from it." brake the users to install it. :(

The 'workaround' (explained above) will almost certainly work for this.

Let's put it this way.

If no-one tests this, then it will also not be possible to update to 1.2.3, because it won't be released. Sorry, but without some testing to confirm that the bugs are fixed without introducing problems, it will not be safe to release it.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    To clarify, the main installer extracts two individual installers to

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

where 'username' is the name of the current user.

These installers are

package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

If you run them in turn, they should update pretty much any install.

Of course, this is not recommended, so if you have done this and find problems, a clean install will probably be required.

However, I have been doing this to add bugfixes to my installs and it seems to work fine.

If you do install in this way, and find what you think is a bug in this release, please note in the report that you have done this so we can check if this is the cause of the problems!

Thinking about the way things work, this should work for the final 1.2.3 release, even if running the installer in the 'normal' way does not.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Link in first post updated.

Fixes added for

- 0003791: [Music] Music label 2 is not validated (jameson_uk) - assigned.
    - 0003810: [Music] Cover art grab does not work for music albums (hwahrmann) - merge pending.

- 0003804: [TV / Full Screen] Under certain circumstances the wrong teletext subtitles are shown - new.
    - 0003803: [TV / Full Screen] For channels with /only/ AC3 sound, preferred language isn't respected - new.

Please can people actually test this, so we can release 1.2.3?

Over 300 views so far and not one person reports anything.

Mark

Fabrix67

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi elliotmc,

i guess no one is taking care of testing, because he cannot upgrade later with the final version.... me too, for example, would like to try it upgrading one of my clients, but I don't want to reinstall all after because i cannot upgrade with final version. And i don't have a spare pc where i can do that... so, just waiting...

ciao

Fabrizio

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom