Pre-testing of MediaPortal 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

Select the first option if you have tested and it is all working fine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
Will this be included in the 1.23-release?
Mantis 3465 - Enhance selected channel positioning logic in TV guide

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

Please replace BassRegistration.dll in your MediaPortal application folder with the attached one. This should be an easy one to fix!

This file was part of the fix for mantis 3810, so at the moment with this file replaced it isn't at all clear whether this problem will be fixed.

Mark

I have tested it and there is now issues. The "[Streaming] When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop (Owlsroost) - merge pending." seems to be resolved.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Please replace BassRegistration.dll in your MediaPortal application folder with the attached one. This should be an easy one to fix!

This file was part of the fix for mantis 3810, so at the moment with this file replaced it isn't at all clear whether this problem will be fixed.

Mark

I have tested it and there is now issues. The "[Streaming] When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop (Owlsroost) - merge pending." seems to be resolved.

"now issues" or "no issues" ?

We have a fix for the problem you reported (bassregistration.dll) which I will test later.

Glad to hear that the streaming issue is fixed for you.

Best wishes,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Will this be included in the 1.23-release?
    Mantis 3465 - Enhance selected channel positioning logic in TV guide

According to mantis, this is targetted for 1.3.0alpha.

Since this is part of a group of major skin engine enhancements, it cannot be part of 1.2.3.

Mark

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    "now issues" or "no issues" ?

We have a fix for the problem you reported (bassregistration.dll) which I will test later.

Glad to hear that the streaming issue is fixed for you.

Best wishes,

Mark

sorry, no issues

Edit: fixed quotes

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks to the developer team for providing snapshots. I installed it and so far it works as good as 1.2.2 in my case. I still need a fix for the bug for NT1, GAME ONE and discovery (showing "channel crypted"). I am awaiting for a snapshot with it included.

I still have a bug since 1.2.2 that few recordings are never imported and are always greyed in Setup. Is there a limit to number of files in Recordings?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks to the developer team for providing snapshots. I installed it and so far it works as good as 1.2.2 in my case. I still need a fix for the bug for NT1, GAME ONE and discovery (showing "channel crypted"). I am awaiting for a snapshot with it included.

I still have a bug since 1.2.2 that few recordings are never imported and are always greyed in Setup. Is there a limit to number of files in Recordings?

Do you have links to where you have reported these bugs? I will have a look.

There should not be a limit on the number of recordings. The best thing to do in this situation is remove all of the recordings that import fine, and then see if any of the 'problem' ones then import.

SetupTV is pulling information from the xml files in the recording folders. Perhaps you could post one of the xml files for a recording that will not import, so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Do you have links to where you have reported these bugs? I will have a look.

There should not be a limit on the number of recordings. The best thing to do in this situation is remove all of the recordings that import fine, and then see if any of the 'problem' ones then import.

SetupTV is pulling information from the xml files in the recording folders. Perhaps you could post one of the xml files for a recording that will not import, so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Bump. I can't find anywhere that you have reported (including logs) the failure of recordings to import. However, I did find where you reported recordings failing. For the recordings that won't import, are you sure that the files are okay? Can you play the recordings in other software?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

is there any release plan for 1.2.3?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom