Preventing Duplicate Recordings (1 Viewer)

vicom

Portal Member
December 23, 2010
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Why can't we have an option to keep all the recording history or delete as part of the TVServer service?
I don't understand the reasoning behind removing entries in the table when a recording is deleted after being watched.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Think there is a missing ! so everything is working in reverse....
    Please try the attached binary, I think this should solve it

Attachments

• TvService.zip
      76.3 KB

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why can't we have an option to keep all the recording history or delete as part of the TVServer service?
    I don't understand the reasoning behind removing entries in the table when a recording is deleted after being watched.

This would make alot of sense and certainly would make my life a lot easier and improve the WAF too.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

This would make alot of sense and certainly would make my life a lot easier and improve the WAF too.

First off there is nothing to stop this sort of thing being incorporated (except dev time). There is indeed a patch submitted for this.

The problem is that the recording table is what you see in the recorded tv screen. So no delete would mean you would potentially see recordings that do not exist.

The duplicate episode stuff was added as a bolt on so MP is not designed for it but rather it is slotted in.

Other issues to consider are things like what happens if you accidently delete episode 2 and want to record it again? If you just list everything that was ever recorded then this is not possible.

On top of this most European users get OTA EPG info and this does not include series/episode info so they can't use this feature anyway.

This should be improved but there is a lot more too it than just keeping a history of what has been recorded

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Jameson,

What is possibility of having a separate table created to just store history. It would make TVWishlist or any other plugin solve many of the duplicate recording issues (while the devs work on a more permanent solution).

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Sorry, that didn't work. See 2011-10-02 15:42:09.700460 in log for first instance.
    Do you want the program/recording tables too?

As for keeping old records in the recording database - only a suggestion but a possible workaround in the absence of a hidden/keep until type field in the recordings table may be to not display non-existent files in the recordings view in MP. Then if the old XML files were kept somewhere else in a separate folder they could be imported to the recordings table and wouldn't be shown in MP. Personally I wouldn't use this functionality at the moment but can see how it would be useful as presumably there will be more tivo like functionality creeping in as things develop further, at which point having an 'i've alredy watched this' flag would be useful.
    Best
    Ben

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Jameson,

What is possibility of having a separate table created to just store history. It would make TVWishlist or any other plugin solve many of the duplicate recording issues (while the devs work on a more permanent solution).

Anything is possible but a change like this would need to be part of a release and I don't think any of the devs would want to put an interim version in place (as temporary code often ends up being permanent code...)

Anyone who fancies a bit of coding is free to work on this... There was already some work done on this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-episodes-even-if-you-delete-old-shows-97537/

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Did a stupid thing and forgot to actually include the fix last time... :oops:

Please try this

Attachments

• TvService.zip
      76.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom