Problem changing between dif. TV-cards (1 Viewer)

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    tompa,

Thks for the logs. I'll make a new build when I get back to my dev machine later today.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Tompa,

Please look a new build of TVServer (SVN14650 or greater). It has enhanced debugging for DVB-T devices.

Also, please teste the folowing scenario if you can: Start Watching DVB-S, start recording on DVB-S, Change to DVB-T channel and go back to the channel being recorded (DVB-S). It's the inverse of the current scenario.

Please report if it fails too.

Sorry for the many round-trips, but I have no DVB-T device to debug it right now. If the issue also happens on DVB-S it might be easier to debug.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI Jovoehl..

I have some DVB-T cards that I don't use "nova-t" do you want one?? I can send you one if you want to..

my litle help for this project...

Iosu

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tompa,

Please look a new build of TVServer (SVN14650 or greater). It has enhanced debugging for DVB-T devices.

Also, please teste the folowing scenario if you can: Start Watching DVB-S, start recording on DVB-S, Change to DVB-T channel and go back to the channel being recorded (DVB-S). It's the inverse of the current scenario.

Please report if it fails too.

Sorry for the many round-trips, but I have no DVB-T device to debug it right now. If the issue also happens on DVB-S it might be easier to debug.

joboehl,
    I will test this as soon as possible!
    Unfortunately I can not test that senario with DVB-S devices, but i hope that someone else can do that!

/tompa

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yeah I can ...:)

It doesn't work.
    All the steps in the scenario works except for the last one...
    When I return to the recording channel I get "an unknown error has occured".

Here are the relevant client/server logs for tvengine3-05-14-2007--22-11h--Rev14618.zip
    note: the error.log file is from the server

btw. it worked setting up the channels in combination (regarding issue#3 )

/Gibman

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Please test SVN12654 or greater and report if it's working.

I made tests with DVB-S, but it should be working on DVB-T and DVB-S2 too.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Works fine here to!!
    Seems that starting and switching device takes a little bit longer 8-10sec. Swaping channel on same MUX 1-3sec!!
    /tompa

edit: running SVN14654

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Tompa/Gibman.

Glad to see it worked. It's actually a bug at the server. I did a workaround in 12654 but propably a deeper change will be needed.

In the meantime, if you think theres a performance issue, keep posting your timings, specially with the upcoming builds that will have additional benchmarking info so we can identify where it needs to be improved.

I would actually recommed that this thread should be marked as Fixed and a different one can be created/used only for the change speed discussussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom