Problem in fullscreen mode (1 Viewer)

Kroc le Bo

June 12, 2007
Home Country
France France
I've already posted a message in the installation forum, but I finally think that its place should be here.

I've a 1080p TV with an ATI X1950. In order to get a correct image on my TV, I have to force a 75Hz refresh rate, otherwise a black border is displayed and the image quality is degraded at the center. Of course, this TV reports to support only a maximum of 60Hz.

The bug is: when I start MP in fullscreen, it seems to use the best refresh rate available for the display with the current resolution (so, 60Hz), which is a good choice in general, but not appropriate in my case (black borders and degraded quality are back).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP does never change resolutions on its own neither does it change the refresh rate.

Are you using some tools like PowerStrip / Application based display driver profiles / codecs with screen optimization?

Kroc le Bo

June 12, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    For the startup, uninstalling Powerstrip solve the problem. MP now launches in fullscreen.
    But, when I play a movie : the black border is here. If I'm going back to MP with the movie still playing in the small window: the border is still here. When I stop playing the movie. Everything get back to normal. I'm using the MVP video decoder (by the way, trying other decoders in the MP setup don't change anything).

I'm using the Satsuki decoder pack (with no other codec installed except wmv10 on a clean install). Problems occur with all movies files, independantly of their codecs or résolutions. That seems to indicate it's not a codec problem.

Furthermore, I don't have this problem with media player classic in fullscreen.

I've just installed the basic drivers for this ATI (i.e. Catalyst Control Center is not installed). No profile can come from here.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom