Problem installing with Medion DVB-T/DVB-S card (1 Viewer)

Tim Peeters

November 25, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium D - 3.00GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MS-7204 (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD)
TV Card Model: Medion SAA7134
TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T / Dual DVB-S
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6700 XL (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

The Medion SAA7134 has a double DVB-T tuner and a double DVB-S tuner. I can't seem to find how to install these 4 tuners in MediaPortal. I found them in the Natively Supported cards list so I was quite happy that I finally found some good software that works with the cards (except from PowerCinema that's really bad). Is there any chance that I can get these card to work with MediaPortal? And if so, how?

Tim Peeters

November 25, 2005
Also, if I have opened the MediaPortal Setup only once and try to open it again it says "(null) is not a valid Win32-program" for both the Setup, the Setup Wizard and MediaPortal. If I start the setup and do a repair it still doesn't work, I really have to uninstall everything and install it again to get it back to work... :(

plusman

December 12, 2005
dman,

I am having the same problems as Tim Peeters with the TV card in the Medion 8800. When I try and Add the device in the TV tuner section of MP setup I keep getting the error "Unable to add graph for the device". I've looked on the link you gave and the card in my system, a Medion 7131, is not listed.

I'ce downloaded the graphedit programme and looked at the filters - there are a load of them; do all of them have to be copied/pasted with screenshots in order to inform MP about the need for a potential update?

Thanks

Tim Peeters

November 25, 2005
I tried to do this with graphedit but everytime I try to link the service provider with the tuner I get this error:

"These filters cannot agree on a connection. Verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin. Cannot find a combination of inbetween-filters to make a connection. (Return code: 0x80040217)"

These are the monikers I found:

For the BDA Digital Capture 1: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000716be&rev_d1
For the BDA Digital Capture 2: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000816be&rev_d1
For the 713x BDA DVBS Tuner 1: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000716be&rev_d1
For the 713x BDA DVBS Tuner 2: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000816be&rev_d1
For the 713x BDA DVBT Tuner 1: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000716be&rev_d1
For the 713x BDA DVBT Tuner 2: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_000816be&rev_d1

As you can see the monikers of digital capture 1, dvbs tuner 1 and dvbt tuner 1 are the same! Also digital capture 2, dvbs tuner 2 and dvbt tuner 2 are the same! Is this normal?? Doesn't this mean that we can only use 2 tuners at the same time??? While with Medion they try to make us believe that this machine has 6 different tuners (also 2 analog) onboard !!! What a shame...

harlekin1

December 25, 2005
Add those settings at the end of your CaptureCardDefinitions.xml:

<capturecard commercialname="CTX 944 DVB-S #1" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_000716be&amp;rev_d1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBS Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="713x BDA DVBS Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="713x BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="CTX 944 DVB-S #2" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_000816be&amp;rev_d1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBS Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="713x BDA DVBS Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="713x BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Those settings are for the DVB-S tuners only, use equivalents for the DVB-T. The board identifier ("CTX 944 DVB-S") is arbitrary. In fact, this is "brute force" (since the pins do not match in Graphedit) but it works.

beebodo

Portal Member
February 15, 2006
Germany
Any new information about saa7131?

Hi!

I have the same problem as plusman with a medion saa7131.
Does anybody have any new information about this card?

DMAN: Do you need more information to get the card working with mp?
It would be great if we could get this thing working.

beebodo

Tim Peeters

November 25, 2005
I put those things in my capture card definitions xml and now he recognises my DVB-T cards and I get a channel list for both radio and tv, all perfect... but when I try to watch I just get a black screen... I'm still using that f*cking PowerCinema now, that needs to be restarted once a day or else it just freezes in the middle of a tv-program... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom