Problem retrieving movie info - hangs (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
could solve my trouble by first deleting movingpictures.dll (c:\program files.. )
and second, remove the old moving pictures database (c:\programdata\team media portal\data bases..)
using windows 7. for win xp the second path is different. i think its c:\users\NAME\application data..\ )

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sure, here's the debug log. I just opened the importer, let it run for a minute and then closed Configuration.

Yup, it happens right after scraper-script gets all the data (I was hoping for some asychrone event or cover-node/etc), so it is when MovPic is ready to use the MediaInfo system to read the details on the media file "TPB.AFK.2013.1080p.h264-SimonKlose.mkv".

Are you able to read that file without issues in the standalone MediaInfo program? http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows

If that works then you might simply need an update on the MediaPortal DLL then (MePo requires the 32-bit DLL). It can also be a conflict with a registry installation of MediaInfo by some other program you use (VFD installation for example). There is also the option to turn off the MediaInfo part inside MovPic (gear icon inside MovPic config import tab), but it would be more constructive if we can find out whats different about this file that causes it.

Solution might be as simple as a remux tool for the MKV file to fix the header corruption, or to upload the file to the MediaInfo developers so they can fix the bug on their end (they will provide you with FTP info once you start a SourceForge support ticket).

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also suspected MediaInfo which is why just created an empty file, remember? I still got the MediaScanner errors. Another clue to that this is no MediaInfo scanner issue is that the import works if I disable the IMDb scraper.

I've done the test on two computers, one with the MediaInfo application installed and one without.

I tried to import the movie again today and now it works! This is totally weird. I didn't change anything yet. I also removed the database to start over from the same state as yesterday but it still works o_O
    So no problem here anymore. I'll return if I see it again sometime :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom