Problem using Black Glass skin and 24hz material (1 Viewer)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello

I do like using the BG skin but I always send up going back to the std BlueWide due to the "programme left to play" "meter" below the OSD - when the info button is pressed on my remote, or the material paused.

If I run a TV show or film and it is selected to use 50hz then I have no problem with being able to read the left and right corner showing how much is played and then how much is left to play when it is paused or info selected. However when running 24hz material I assume that my TV is slightly overscanning and so those figures are just shunted off the screen either side. The OSD dsiplay is always viewable with the BG skin it is just the remaining time "meter" at the bottom which can be an issue.

As the bluewide skin keeps that information within its OSD then it can always be read when playing either 50hz (my default) or 24hz material.

When at the desktop I have resized my screen to fit the TV using the Nvidia control panel for both 24hz and 50zh and yet it still gives me a problem when using the BG skin.

Is it possible to have the remaining time meter incorporated into the OSD..?

Well done with the 2.30 release BTW :)

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I think this a problem with your Tv and your videocard!

However, i promised Chemelli a new smaller OSD that i'm going to release as an update package. Maybe in the next week.

Thanks

Tgx

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I do agree that the problem seems to be with my setup but I would be ever so grateful if the OSD could include the "time remaining" feature and thus resolving that issue.

Either way thanks for your continued work, most appreciated :)

EDIT:

You have helped me more than you will ever know..!!!

Having finally decided to try and resolve the issue I finally figured out that the TV should be set to "Just Scan" rather than 16:9 (only been like that for 15 months :D). That way it maintains the correct screen size regardless of the refresh rate and thus no overscanning..!!!

BTW One feature that I do like from the BlueWide screen is the possibility to make the OSD expand and contract to show more or less information by using the up and down keys of my remote.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom