Problem with displaying the moving pictures recently added/watched (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a problem with displaying the moving pictures recently added/watched. Over in the LatestMediaHandler thread we concluded it is a StreamedMP problem, since it works in PurevisionHD. But in StreamedMP only music and tv parts are displayed and movingpictures part displays only black boxes.
    Overlay options checked in BasicHome editor.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    StreamedMP uses it's own plugin for Most Recent TVShows/Movies, if you attached logs I would of been able to tell if it's actually querying the databases for the relevant information i.e. StreamedMP is doing the right thing.

The BasicHome is user generated, so it could also be that you made a mistake whilst designing that. You should ensure that Most Recents are enabled for MovingPictures in the relevant tab and also that the overlay is selected for MovingPictures menu item in the design tab. It's a two part operation, when you have confirmed that, you can generate a basichome.

You can also attach your usermenuprofile.xml that exists in your C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal folder. I should be able to confirm if its setup correctly.

If you want to use the default settings, you can delete the usermenuprofile.xml above and then re-open the BasicHome editor and generate, it will grab the default settings which should have it enabled by default.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im guessing you dont have any recently added movies in your parental controlled filtered movies. I dont explicitly log it if you have 0 movies recently added but thats what I presume from the logs:

Code:
    3-6-2013 17:44:14 [Info] 438 Movies found in database
    3-6-2013 17:44:14 [Info] 329 Movies filtered by parental controls

Can you confirm you have a movie added with-in the last 30 days of your filtered movie collection?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ltfearme, i can't confirm this. :) I disabled and altered the filter and it works now. Didn't know about this 30 days thing. i.e. other popular skin PurevisionHD does not have problems with the filtering. I would like to see the movies unfiltered on that overlay.
    Thanks for sorting it out. Maybe a text balloon with "no movie added the last 30 days" would have saved you some work ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well it's called Recently Added for a reason ;)

I could add something to log at least to make it clearer. Can also make the number of days to look back configurable as then it would be clearer to user.

Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    N
    Well it's called Recently Added for a reason ;)

I could add something to log at least to make it clearer. Can also make the number of days to look back configurable as then it would be clearer to user.

That would be nice. Bu could you add the possibility to change 30 to 60(?) days and disable filtering for this overlay?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I could add an option for both, will add it to backlog.

Parental Control filtering was added due to popular demand, movies are accessible from home screen from pressing 1,2,3 (Play) on remote so its not safe for young kiddies. But can't harm to add an option with it enabled by default (like it is now), after all there is an option to disable 1,2,3 (Play) as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom