Problem with DTS, mpa decoder filter and switching audio filters (1 Viewer)

chadamir

December 22, 2006
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: Windows XP sp2
CPU Type: Pentium 4 3.0ghz
HDD: Western Digital 40gb
Memory: 512
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Intel 82915G
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy nx 2
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: newest

MPEG2 Video Codec: mpv decoder filter
MPEG2 Audio Codec: mpa decoder filter

TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

The file is a matroska container with an x264 and dts 6.1-es audio file. I use spdif pass to my receiver. DD ac3 works fine, but dts seems to be problematic. Even in media player classic, using the mpa filter, I get a weird problem with the audio offset sync and jitter. The file plays, but then seems to skip a frame or pause for around 1/3 of a second to readjust the sync. If I switch to ac3filter, this problem goes away. The same problem occurs with ffdshow. I've tried switching media portal to ac3filter but it ignores this request. It will not use dscaler either (or ffdshow for that matter). Ive done this both in the software and in the configuration program. Most movie backups I make do not have dts audio, but I think there's more going on here than just that.

chadamir

December 22, 2006
Home Country
I seem to have fixed it by unregistering and/or changing the priority using radlight. All's well that ends well, but maybe this can be looked into.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Codec problems like this, it's because of "merits" settings which the codec add to registry when they install / regged & not something MP controls.. Some codec's sets this to high & it's then used as prefered from "windows XP".
    As you have found out using radlight & changing this yourself solve this until the "problem" codec(s) it's installed again, not much the devs can do about it.....

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom