Problem with media sources setup - (I Think) (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi everyone
    My good old MP1 setup requires constant reboots and will not use alternative codecs anymore, (plus I would like to use my Amazon Prime subscription within MP) so I wondered if switching to MP2 was the way to go
    I enquired on the forum to see if anyone has got Amazon Prime working on MP2 but getting no reply I decided to build a new standalone and "give it a go" with MP2 before trashing my MP1 system. The install went smoothly as far as I could see but I am running into problems with the media sources

All my stuff on MP1 is on "Drive D:" shared over network with media folders Movie / Video / Recorded TV / Music /Music Video / Pictures
    Nothing unusual here I think so I set up the test system the same way

Problem I am having is that MP2 cannot access any of the test media copied into the folders
    I configured the sources like my MP1 and refered to the MP2 Installation manual by Lehmden
    It seemed fairly intuative, other than doing it on the GUI rather than a config dialogue like MP, but I find myself stuck

On the MP2 GUI I get thumbnails of the video sample stuff in the media folders
    Nothing shows in the Music or Picture folders, but I do get pop-up details of the music or pictures if I hover a mouse about below the GUI icon

If I select a movie to play the GUI locks with 'Fullscreen video' title showing and I have to do a hard reset to continue
    Must admit I am having trouble getting my head around how to use "Video" versus "Serial" for videos, so I selected both in the sources config for the Video media source folder

Any suggestions or links to other "How To's" would be much appreciated
    Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I enquired on the forum
    Please consider asking your MP2-related questions in the MP2 section. Your posting is running under MP1. I'll move it over to MP2.

to see if anyone has got Amazon Prime working on MP2
    Install MP2.1pre2 and Amazon Prime can be used as part of the integrated OnlineVideos section. Right-click on "Amazon Prime", enter your credentials and you'll be ready to go.

Problem I am having is that MP2 cannot access any of the test media copied into the folders
    Did you enter credentials for accessing the share? Entering the access information (user/password) in the MP2 Settings menu is mandatory for MP2 to be able to access the data.

For all the rest please post logs.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi HTPCSourcer, thank you for your reply
    Your confirmation that Prime will go on MP2 gives me encouragement to get MP2 up and running to replace my existing MP1 system
    I did not set up sharing credentials because it's a stand alone system and the source is a local HDD, so it's got full access
    (I only share it on my network to add media to it from my main PC)

Strange thing is that if I select 'Image Library' on the GUI menu the source folder is shown as <Empty> but has '2' showing in the dialogue bar
    If I open it I can see the images and then open them up full screen

However if I click a video it just hangs the system
    I will go through the setups again and if I cannot sort this out I will post logs, just do not want to take up time on what must be me having to get my head around the MP2 setup
    Thanks again for your help
    Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not set up sharing credentials because it's a stand alone system and the source is a local HDD, so it's got full access
    You may think it has, but this is maybe not true. The client is communicating with the server through network protocols, operating under a different user context than the logged-on user. If the server has full access to D:\ then you should be alright. Since you have not provided any logs, I can only speculate, but this is the most likely reason for your observations.

However if I click a video it just hangs the system
    We can't help you if you don't provide logs.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    OK
    I understand what you mean, I will double check the configuration and if I cannot find out what I have done wrong I will send logs
    Your help is very much appreciated
    Regards
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I put the media sourceing difficulties I am experiencing on hold for a while to concentrate on the main reason for trying out MP2 which is to integrate an Amazon Prime account into MP2
    After a while of searching I cannot find a configuration wiki fort MP2 online video so reverted to the notes in the MP1 version
    Unfortunately I cannot find any configuration in the MP2 setup
    So I have to give up with fruitless searching for information and with full apologies

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi chaps
    Still struggling with the MP2 attempt
    My latest advance was to connect up the TV card and try the tuning
    All seemed to go very well and I think the tuning of DVB, T & S all went OK and most channels are in, however I find that if I try to view a channel everything grinds to a halt and I have to shut down using Windows Task Manager as MP2 locks
    One advance is that having done the TV tuning Videos will now play OK ! ?
    I am not sure of the best way to go forward now so rather than continue to flounder around I have attached logs and I would appreciate any help in identifying where the problem may lay and any advice on the best next step
    Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Amazon Prime: go to OnlineVideos, find the Amazon icon and right-click it. You should be presented a dialogue to enter your credentials.

This is for sure working for the German Amazon Prime, if there is any difference. So you could at least try the German subsite.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks HTPCSourcer
    I have not tried Amazon UK yet, but as I have been assured that the German site works OK I am confident the UK site should be OK
    At the moment I am more concerned about getting MP2 to work with TV and offline Video etc. before I re-install and replace my MP1 setup
    So far I cannot acheive a working system
    As I noted in my reply post it is strange that MP2 would not play any videos, but havinmg simply tuned in the TV card I find that the videos are now working?
    Sorting the current lock up is well above my technical capabilities so I have posted the logs and hope they may shed light on the problems
    Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm on the road, hence checking logs on a small mobile phone screen is a challenge.

Your issues are strange though as video replay is not dependent on the TV setup, provided your video files aren't TV recordings (ts files).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom