Problem with media sources setup - (I Think) (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Following re-install to Windows10 OS and MP2 I can report lockups have gone away
    There was an installation glitch but I think this may have been Windows10 messing about with updates and getting in the way
    The TV HD Picture appears incorrect and has glitches now and again and I wonder if this is because I have not done any configuration of Codecs etc.
    I have posted logs for your information and hope this is useful
    When the pending 2.1 final is released I will re-install and get into tweaking the configuration
    I have a couple of areas where I need direction but these can wait until the latest release is installed
    Thank you for your help
    I do hope this report and logs are useful
    Regards
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I have installed 2.1 final this afternoon
    I notice I have duplicated DVBT & DVBS TV card tuners in the TV Servers Configuration
    Only four of the 8 now listed are selected as enabled, and they have higher prority and lower id
    Is going to be a problem or can I just ignore it?
    Regards
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Oops, apologies I started to ask questions before I connected the aerial & dish feeds
    There are 'No TV providers'
    I will do a re-install and start from fresh
    I did try to 'Remove' the unwanted ones but the configuration did not allow it
    That's when I should have tried to see if I had any TV services!
    Apologies for getting ahead of myself
    Regards
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    All up and running OK after re-install of Win10 O.S. and MP2 final
    The sources problems have gone away but unfortunately I have hit a few snags

The TV signal is unstable and breaks up or flashes intermittently
    (I am wondering if this is more to do with Win10 handling the Black Gold TV card rather than MP2)
    I have attached a log just in case it's an MP2 issue
    Any advice on this would be most appreciated

No matter what I try I cannot get DVB EPG to work
    I tried many permutations of the settings and even set it up as MP1 and left it on for a day without success
    The setup support appears to confirm that DVB EPG is possible but I see reports of problems and I wonder if this is implemented yet in MP2?

Also discovered that my Empress 3009 MCE remote is not compatible with MP2
    I see other reports of problems with remotes on the forum so I assume the Empress MCE 3009 must be non RC6 compliant

Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The sources problems have gone away
    Glad to hear that.(y)

The TV signal is unstable and breaks up or flashes intermittently
    The log displays
    [2017-05-19 10:05:36,582] [b8bb290] [131c] - Recorder:pid 157d Continuity error... e ( prev b ) - bad signal?
    [2017-05-19 10:05:36,582] [b8bb290] [131c] - Recorder:pid 157c Continuity error... 5 ( prev d ) - bad signal?
    which is a clear sign of reception issues. Can you confirm that your dish is correctly aiming at the satellite? How are the weather conditions, is it maybe heavily raining?

(I am wondering if this is more to do with Win10 handling the Black Gold TV card rather than MP2)
    MP2 does nothing else than process the signal as it is coming from the tuner. The logs show that things are working as supposed, but the signal strength could be an issue. The Windows driver reports low signal levels for several channels, but this is not conclusive since these values with driver implementations and aren't always meaningful.
    [2017-05-19 10:07:20,993] [398038385] [115 ] [INFO ] - ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 6, SIGNAL QUALITY: 100 *****

No matter what I try I cannot get DVB EPG to work
    If you had EPG working with MP1, then the same settings should give you identical results. Your profile shows you to be in the UK. It should then be sufficient to pull EPG from only one channel, I believe BBC1 is a good candidate. Can you post screenshots of your EPG settings?

I wonder if this is implemented yet in MP2?
    Yes, it is.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    The log displays
    which is a clear sign of reception issues. Can you confirm that your dish is correctly aiming at the satellite? How are the weather conditions, is it maybe heavily raining?
    MP2 does nothing else than process the signal as it is coming from the tuner. The logs show that things are working as supposed, but the signal strength could be an issue. The Windows driver reports low signal levels for several channels, but this is not conclusive since these values with driver implementations and aren't always meaningful.

My assumptions are based on the fact that my MP1 machine works flawlessly
    The only difference is Windows 10 O.S. and MP2 and as you point out MP2 only processes the signals

If you had EPG working with MP1, then the same settings should give you identical results. Your profile shows you to be in the UK. It should then be sufficient to pull EPG from only one channel, I believe BBC1 is a good candidate. Can you post screenshots of your EPG settings?

My MP1 system provides EPG with following settings

The ONLY items Checked on working MP1 system are
    Always Update
    Enable CRC (although using DVB-T channel)
    EPG Grabbing when idle
    BBC One DVB-T
    English language

Images attached

Thank you for your help
    Regards
    TW

Attachments

• DVB EPG Grabber.jpg
      DVB EPG Grabber.jpg
      151.4 KB
    • DVB EPG Dialogue.jpg
      DVB EPG Dialogue.jpg
      127.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My MP1 system provides EPG with following settings

The ONLY items Checked on working MP1 system are
    Always Update
    Enable CRC (although using DVB-T channel)
    EPG Grabbing when idle
    BBC One DVB-T
    English language
    That looks OK to me. Things you might consider changing:
    • I don't think that ticking languages is necessary
    • I would also tick "grabbing while timeshifting"
    With the second ticked restart the server service (to create a new log), launch the client, tune BBC One HD and leave it on. The EPG should populate after a few minutes. If it doesn't, then please post the server logs.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks HTPCSourcer
    I will set it up as you suggest tomorrow and report back
    Regards
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom