Problem with Remote Control One-for-all Streamer (1 Viewer)

Stephan Michels

December 17, 2019
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, I've been using Media Portal now for several years and never experienced any problems. It's a fantastic piece of software. At first I've been using a Trust RC-2400 Remote Control for Windows Media Center, later I tryied several programmable ones from Philips, Logitech, One-for-all, NoNames from China all worked find. Now I was trying a One-for-all Streamer RC, a very small and programmable device. It learns all command well. And they do work fine if I a) press any button once or b) keep it pressed for repeated command send. BUT when I press any key a second time, no reaction. Thus I cannot navigate through lists or the UI anymore. Because I do need the cursor keys. I guess it has something to do the the HID repeat and delay settings. Can anyone please help?

I'am using MediaPortal 1.x on an Intel NUC Mini PC with inbuilt IR Receiver.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    with inbuilt IR Receiver.
    Ah, an MP user who likes a challenge :eek: :D.

The remote controls that are easiest to setup are those that have a separate USB IR receiver. There are two common types:

(1) Those that appear in Windows "Device Manager" as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver". These are the most compatible of all, and your One-for-All remote control ought to have a pre-defined setup code to send the signals for this IR receiver (the remote should not need to learn the signals). All of the One-for-All remotes that I have include this code set. However, I have no knowledge of your particular One-for-All, so it is possible that they have omitted this code set on the basis that WMC is old and no longer supported by Microsoft.

(2) Those that appear as additional keyboards, and end up sending WMC keyboard shortcuts. Note that WMC keyboard shortcuts differ from MP keyboard shortcuts.

So, how does your built-in IR receiver appear in "Device Manager"? As (1), as (2), or as something else?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stephan Michels

December 17, 2019
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    61jh6A5PDlL._SL1500_.jpg
    Hey CyberSimian, greetings from Germany to UK
    well the receiver shows up in the device manager twice as: "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" and as "ITECIR Infrared Reciever (SIO2)"
    There are some Microsoft and X-BOX Codes I can try. As always wirh One-for-all its a bit complicated ;-) Probably that was why I tryied them several times and kept returning them. BUT this one is really sleek, light, has backlight and just as many keys at the right postions. It would really be great to get it working
    I will tell you if the codes did work or not.
    Thank you for your kind help
    Stephan

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I will tell you if the codes did work or not.
    The One-for-All web site has this document that lists all of the built-in code sets that the Streamer remote supports. There are 3 different setup codes for Microsoft; the one for WMC looks to be 16631. You need to read the manual for your remote and find out how to enter the setup code.

Stephan Michels

December 17, 2019
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried all 3 Microsoft and even the 2 XBOX codes. They all do the same: it works as described: 1 single keypress = ok, continuus keypress ok, pressing the same key twice works only for first send key nevertheless how long you wait or how often you press it. I have to press any other key to get it working again (once). Very strange never saw something like that before. I needed some adjustments with Logitec to avoid doublecommands adjusting the repeat delay by trial and error. (And yes I resetted the settings before testing the 14All) But I just don't have any clue what to do here. I checked if the remote was working via handy display and I noticed that it seems to send the signals a bit slower than Logitech and Trust. So it might be a timing problem.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    1 single keypress = ok, continuus keypress ok, pressing the same key twice works only for first send key nevertheless how long you wait or how often you press it.
    Do you still have the IR receiver for the Trust RC-2400 remote control? If you do, it would be worth connecting it to the HTPC and seeing if it will work with the One-for-All remote. You should disable the built-in IR receiver in "Device Manager" first, otherwise both IR receivers might respond and confuse the testing.

If the One-for-All remote works correctly with the Trust IR receiver (using One-for-All code 16631), it suggests that the problem resides with the built-in IR receiver. If that is where the problem lies, I don't know what the solution might be. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom