Problems getting TV series working right (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I understand that TV series does not check the EPG for info. The thing I don't understand is why some channels save with the episode number in them and others don't? Even the ones that don't save with episode numbers still have descriptions in the recorded TV section.

You may want to research an alternative EPG service if the one you have has insufficient information for all channels. Here in Australia the default EPG is useless, it only has an overview for the series.

Its a pre-requisite of the plugin for each filename\path to contain a series name, season number and episode number. All these are required to get a match @ theTVDB.com where information is retrieved from.

Vindii

Portal Member
    October 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I understand that TV series does not check the EPG for info. The thing I don't understand is why some channels save with the episode number in them and others don't? Even the ones that don't save with episode numbers still have descriptions in the recorded TV section.

You may want to research an alternative EPG service if the one you have has insufficient information for all channels. Here in Australia the default EPG is useless, it only has an overview for the series.

Its a pre-requisite of the plugin for each filename\path to contain a series name, season number and episode number. All these are required to get a match @ theTVDB.com where information is retrieved from.

I don't think there are any other EGP's that work right in the USA. I'm using the Schedules Direct plugin for EPG.

Like I said before. Where is the Recorded TV section getting its info from? It has the correct episode names and descriptions. Why can't I get the TV server to name these correctly.

LordZog

Portal Member
    February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Recorded TV info is from either EPG or stream info in the stream from your TV provider.. If i use %title% - S$Season%E%Episode% it works for me.. Just recorded Hell's Kitchen on Thursday and my file was "Hell's Kitchen - S5E10.ts".. I am with Expressvu using a CAM with my DVB-S card.. If it does it on a lot of channels, its a setting issue.. If only on a few channels, it might be that channel isn't sending the info..

Also, some EPG programs get the info from a website or SQL DB.. Check the plugin your using to see where it gets its info from.. On my 4DTV box years ago and C-Band EPG, a lot of channels wouldn't have ANY info or wrong info.. The EPG on some providers is supplied by a 3rd party so some info is wrong.. And thats on the pizza dish's too. :)

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, I think some people are missing what the problem is. We have figured out what information we need to get the proper information of the shows. I use the absolute numbering, and it works fine. I just dont get the correct absolute number or just no number at all. I am using SD just like other people on this thread, and TV series is not getting the correct data. MP TV is though, so what we need to figure out is why TV-Series is not receiving the correct show number.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP TV is though, so what we need to figure out is why TV-Series is not receiving the correct show number.
    Does MyTV have the correct episode number in the MP-GUI and the recorded file does not? Because if the recorded file does not show the correct episode number, there is no reason to look at TVseries yet.

TVseries can only do something, if it has a file which contains the correct show title and episode number. If these are not present in the recorded file, there is something wrong with either the way that MP/your setup names the recordings or with the EPG data that the info is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom