1. TV Card Type: hybrid HW
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.119.25023.0
    2. TV Card: ATI 550pro
    2. TV Card Type: hw-analogue
    2. TV Card Driver: 6.14.10.232
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    Power Supply: Mist 400w

There is still problems with the ati550pro-cards. The tuner doesnt lock in channelscan in tve3, an so the tv-dcard cant tune to any chanels. There is several threads concerning this problem in the forums, and also several affected tv-cards.

I hope this can be fixed before the tve2 is discarded.

If there are any need for further info, I'll be happy to oblige. I don't know what else to supply.

Regards

Andreas

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could you please tell me why you post a TV-Server Bug in the 0.2.3.0 RC1 Bugforum :confused:

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry. Just thoght it was the right forum since the bug was in 0.2.3.0 RC1 tve3.

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The 650's are having the exact same problem it seems... I made a post about it in the bug section too a few topics below this one. What confuses me is the fact that the card decides to work flawless in both GBPVR and BeyondTV

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There's a lot of posts about it, and posts about the different posts. It's been a pbroblem since the launch of tve3 beta, and it hasn't even gotten in to the mantis, and no team-members has replied to the posts. Evereything works in tve2, though.

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    andreaswith: I feel your pain. I have been having the exact same problem since February. As you can see from this post I started: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/nvidia_dual_tv_cant_find_channels-t19246.html

It is quite sad the only kind of response we get from the admins/delvopers are like above " Would you please tell me why you post a TV-Server Bug in the 0.2.3.0 RC1 Bugforum"

I'm sure is quite annoying seeing posts on this issue all over the place,you would think maybe some one would....I don't know..... attempt to help..... just a thought.

.....even when there posted it the correct forum.....still nothing.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I understand Chris's perspective that if bugs are reported in the wrong place, it becomes hard for the developers to keep track. I also understand the frustration of people reporting bugs only to have them ignored.

There definitely seems to be a problem getting bugs logged into mantis. Could someone please clarify the procedure required? At the moment it seems (possibly incorrectly) that a bug will make it into mantis if one of the developers/admininstrators decides to do it. If not, it won't. I have seen developers post that they can verify bugs, in which case they then seem to make it into mantis, but surely issues like this one which have been reported by several different people should be classed as bugs, even if it subsequently turns out that they are due to driver versions.

I am happy to help out if there is anything I can do in this respect. If the problems are due to driver versions, then maybe a section of the forums where specific issues could be opened and a moderator (I'm volunteering) could coordinate testing efforts with the people reporting, in order to establish whether there is a bug or a conflict.

I am at a bit of a loss to know what else to suggest here.

I know that the developers don't owe us anything at all, but since the aim of MP is to be the best HTPC software out there, compatibility with TV cards is a must.

Any thoughts?

Mark

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    elliottmc, for now to get a bug into Mantis, it has to be verified by a tester or developer, unfortunately non of us have the card.

I have sent a PM to one of the ppl in here to trace where to get my hands on one of the cards in Norway, lets see if i can....

Regards
    Roy

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    elliottmc: Although your not providing any specific solution for this issue, I commend you for at least an attempt to get a solution started. I think this is the most useful reply I seen thus far for this issue. I too want to help find a solution in any way I can, as it is quit obvious (from the lack of support) that all my "bitchin" has proven useless. I just don't know what else I can do to help. I have done all the testing I can think of and provided logs. I have zero programming skills....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom