[confirm] Problems with AverTV Duo Hybrid A188 (2 Viewers)

Raptor75

Portal Member
October 5, 2012
Home Country
Malta Malta
Oh no, it did not even last for an hour :(

I can confirm the "...dvb:GetNewSubChannel..." after quick inspection.

WHat I did was try to tune, failed, tried to tune another channel, failed, forced a restart, tried to tune the same channel, and it worked. Redundant, but here are the logs.

I'll switch off EPG grabbing for good now.[DOUBLEPOST=1349503198][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, my EPG config in case it may help

Attachments

• epg.png
    epg.png
    20.1 KB

Raptor75

Portal Member
October 5, 2012
Home Country
Malta Malta
More than one hour and counting. TvServer is still responsive with EPG grabbing off. I will re-post if it freezes or after 10 hours of no issues.

Thanks. Let us know when the issue is solved please!

Raptor75

Portal Member
October 5, 2012
Home Country
Malta Malta
14 hours and counting, still responsive, with EPG Grabber off.

OK so for now I'll try to work with XMLTV instead of OTA EPG, still hope there'll be a fix though!

Thanks for all the great work.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could this patch cause stuttering in live tv (after watching a long time (>2h) )? Most of the time it's ok, but every now and then it's stuttering for a couple of minutes. In that time, I see some spikes in the cpu usage of the tv-service (20-25% in a quad-core, so presumably one core is maxed out) while normally it's about 1-2%.
    Those spikes are with a regular interval (20s), and coincide with spikes in hd-activity and network activity

Edit: no abnormalities found in the logfile, except a lot of "pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch 19e != 19f" (5 times a second) in the tswriter.log but those are present during the whole run of watching tv (not just while it was stuttering) Perhaps windows is struggling to fill the logfile?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Raptor75

Portal Member
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    After this post I noticed some stuttering on the Sky News channel this morning, so shifted back to the old TsWriter, but again there was stuttering, so possibly it's a config/set-up problem.

@mm1352000 , any actions you need me to perform during the dumps?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm1352000 , any actions you need me to perform during the dumps?
    Sorry for the delayed response.
    In answer to your question: no.
    Just enable that debug option, restart the TV service and timeshift on "Rohde & Schwarz TEST" for 30 to 60 seconds. This should create the dump file that we need in your timeshift folder. If you could upload that file to the FTP server specified in the wiki that would be great. Remember to turn the debug setting off afterwards and restart the TV service. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom