[other] Problems with dropping frames with EVR (2 Viewers)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I always had this problem under vista 32bit/EVR and was never able to run TV smoothly. I now use Windows 7/EVR and now everything runs fine. So I think the problem is most with vista /EVR (don't know why).

So for the ones using vista I can only say: try win7.

VASkO

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I'm on Win7 x64 on my desktop (Core2Duo 3Ghz, 8800GT) and Win7 32bit on the Asrock ION330 (Atom 330 1.9GHz, Nvidia 9400M) and both are having this issue with MP+EVR.

edit:
    it seems, that my issues on one c2d machine arise from using dual display setup (23" LCD monitor 2048x1156 + TV pal 576i). when just using a single display - monitor - the EVR+MP combination doesn't drop any frames. Now i'm off to testing the ION setup (single display HDMI 1920x1080).

edit 2:
    I think, I solved it. At least on this dual screen setup with LCD monitor+ TV. Enabling "Keep MediaPortal allways on top" made the trick. Stats screen shows no more dropped frames in SD and HD TV and the framerate is rock solid at 50Hz, at what it should be. I think, this will do the trick on the ION setup too.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with dropping frames with EVR

tourettes (and of course all other, too)

Don't know why, but the MP Revision 24723 completely solved this problem for me.
    We (Me for sure; hope the others will test too) will try the next SVN and I think, we have good chances, that this issue is solved.

:D for MP. Amazing great software.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Problems with dropping frames with EVR

@tourettes (and of course all other, too)

Don't know why, but the MP Revision 24723 completely solved this problem for me.
    We (Me for sure; hope the others will test too) will try the next SVN and I think, we have good chances, that this issue is solved.

There are many different sources for the dropped frame issues, not 100% sure what was caused between those two SVN builds that it fixed for you (I think there shouldn't be that much what could even fix such :D).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    it seems, that my issues on one c2d machine arise from using dual display setup (23" LCD monitor 2048x1156 + TV @PAL 576i). when just using a single display - monitor - the EVR+MP combination doesn't drop any frames. Now i'm off to testing the ION setup (single display HDMI 1920x1080).

Nvidia's driver release notes are stating that it is not recommended to run MS MCE in dual / clone modes, and this most likely applies to every single media player application that uses DirectX.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with dropping frames with EVR

tourettes

is there a huge difference between downloading the compiled svn and compiling it by myself?

VASkO

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    it seems, that my issues on one c2d machine arise from using dual display setup (23" LCD monitor 2048x1156 + TV @PAL 576i). when just using a single display - monitor - the EVR+MP combination doesn't drop any frames. Now i'm off to testing the ION setup (single display HDMI 1920x1080).

Nvidia's driver release notes are stating that it is not recommended to run MS MCE in dual / clone modes, and this most likely applies to every single media player application that uses DirectX.

The ION setup is running in single display mode (HDTV LCD) and has the same issue. n both setups, the issue is gonw with "Keep allways on top" enabled. Here and there, a dropped frame apears but nothing big of an issue for me.

And to add some more on this issue. Every other mediaplayer isn't dropping any frames at all on both setups. It's just MP specific.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have same problem (ASROCK ION 330); saf; latest drivers etc.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24669-rar-75857/index26.html#post561153
    After installing dshowhelper.dll from morpheus_xx; no more dropped frames; only audio glitches (but when i use the original dshowhelper.dll i have audio AND video glitches)

so:
    Original dshowhelper.dll; with PDVD9 Videodecoder from SAF: Video and audio glitches; ~45fps loads of dropped frames and sync glitches
    Morpheus_XX dshowhelper.dll; with PDVD9 Videodecoder from SAF: only sometimes audio glitches; steady 50 fps NO dropped frames and sometimes sync glitches when audio "glitches"..
    Using SPDIF and on another system normal stereo

EDIT: BTW only HD Live TV

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    so:
    Original dshowhelper.dll; with PDVD9 Videodecoder from SAF: Video and audio glitches; ~45fps loads of dropped frames and sync glitches
    Morpheus_XX dshowhelper.dll; with PDVD9 Videodecoder from SAF: only sometimes audio glitches; steady 50 fps NO dropped frames and sometimes sync glitches when audio "glitches"..
    Using SPDIF and on another system normal stereo

Audio glitches are a result of the video not being in synv anymore with audio. Frame dropping needs to be done to keep A/V sync.

We really need to find the root cause for the video frames being late, not by hacking the frame dropping code.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tourettes
    I agree.. if i can help in anyway to test something; or supply more logs; im glad to.

fyi:
    On my 2nd system with SVN24281; im using the attached TSreader.ax file; and this one is working great. (I think its the one from SVN 23493)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom