[other] Problems with dropping frames with EVR (1 Viewer)

dacore944

Portal Member
June 12, 2007
Well i found the problem. It is using MP on a secondary screen with different refreshrate as the first screen (like first 60hz and second 24hz).
Dual monitor setup just doesn't work nicely that way, unless you keep both at same (lile 60hz) refreshrate.

pdiaz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Well i found the problem. It is using MP on a secondary screen with different refreshrate as the first screen (like first 60hz and second 24hz).
    Dual monitor setup just doesn't work nicely that way, unless you keep both at same (lile 60hz) refreshrate.

This was the same for me. I have gotten around it by moving my taskbar to the secondary screen and have made most programs load automatically onto this screen. The win key + shift + left or right arrow shortcut to toggle displays for the active window has also been a life saver as I often use my HTPC with the primary screen (TV) off so was hard to drag a waylaid window to the secondary display. My setup has been running great now for 2 months, prior to that I was sadly thinking of abandoning MP...glad I stuck it out :D

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with dropping frames with EVR

yesterday, my new LCD arrived. Connected my MP via HDMI and tested, tested and tested. I have no more dropping frames or anything else. My setup is running at 1920x1080. Everything is smooth, also the MP GUI with 1080i video running.

Will build a client in another room with my old TV and report back ;)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with dropping frames with EVR

I build the Revision 25315 and everything is smooth...

But there I have Problems with pay-tv and 1080i-TV...

dacore944

Portal Member
    June 12, 2007
    This was the same for me. I have gotten around it by moving my taskbar to the secondary screen and have made most programs load automatically onto this screen. The win key + shift + left or right arrow shortcut to toggle displays for the active window has also been a life saver as I often use my HTPC with the primary screen (TV) off so was hard to drag a waylaid window to the secondary display. My setup has been running great now for 2 months, prior to that I was sadly thinking of abandoning MP...glad I stuck it out :D

I am using the profile options of ATI ccc now for that purpose.
    You just setup the screens per situation and you inform ccc which settings to save to the profile. Now i have 2 profiles, one for computing on monitor and one for viewing MediaPortal on my tv.
    You can even let ccc create shortcuts to execute your profiles on the desktop. But i execute them via eventghost which i use for remote control.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I can't get rid of the prosieben/sat1 stuttering issue. Where can I download SVN 25147 or later ???

If you can complile MP from source code then have a look in wiki / development section, otherwise just wait RC2 to be released.

visteon

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2007
    I have the same problem, will get full frame rate in a small window but no way full screen.
    I am using win7 and have an Nvidia 9800GT if this makes any difference, I wonder what systems people have that can use EVR
    Does seem to be related to dual screen and refresh rates though, still experimenting but no great solution with evr yet.

Edit:
    Problem is related to running MP on secondary display (extended desktop) works fine on primary display. VMR9 seems to work OK. I have tried 3 different video cards and matching the refresh rates, some improvements with refresh rates but not good enough, typically 40fps on 50 Hz source.

I do not remember this being a problem in 1.0.2 but can't be bothered to reload it to check

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Reading your issues with multiple monitor refresh rates makes me think about why I have my system setup with a single display that I switch between a 19" 1440x900 VGA and my 1280x720 HDMI PJ using hot-key shortcuts mapped to profiles.

I'd never had good success when the video card tried to support clone-mode... they always wanted to be the same resolution and now it sounds like the same refresh rate is another complicating factor. I just stick with a single display as I said.

I appreciate this tip: "The win key + shift + left or right arrow shortcut to toggle displays for the active window..." as it's news to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom