Problems with encrypted channels (DVB-T2) and CAM/CI (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems all attachments including the images and packages are gone in the linked thread above @high
    I could of course try to create a new installer, but I had lot of issues last time and do not remember how I finally did.
    PS: also the tags do not work, I just saw the posts accidentally without a tag notification.

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am not a TV expert, and I have no experience of using tuners with CAM sockets. However, I have looked at your log files and I notice these lines claim that the CAM is enabled:

View attachment 211165

and these lines claim that CI is not supported:

View attachment 211166

What does this all mean? I have no idea. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Hi,

Thanks for checking, I think that it means that I have a CAM in ONE of the two slots that I have in my TBS 6290 SE, which has two tuners and two CAM slots. So probably that is great news, that the CAM in slot A is recognised

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sadly, MP's TV expert retired from active participation several years ago, and so far no one has come forward to take his place. If you cannot solve this problem yourself, I would suggest the following:
    • MP1 uses TVE3 ("TV Engine version 3"), and apparently it does not support the CAM on your specific TBS card. So stop trying to use MP1.
    • MP2 by default also uses TVE3, so that won't work either. So stop trying to do that.
    • The latest releases of MP2 include two other TV engines: TVE3.5 and TvMosaic.
    • TVE3.5 was the follow-on version of TVE3, but was never completed. But it is usable, and it may include fixes for your TBS card. So you should try that.
    • TvMosaic originated elsewhere, but it does work with MP2 (I think that is the case, but I have not used it myself). So you should try that.
    I have never used MP2, and don't know where the latest version that includes TVE3.5 and TvMosaic is available for download. Possibly @ge2301 can advise?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Ok, Thanks for the advice, I tried to reinstall MP2.4 but when I look at the flowchart of the installation, I never get the opp to choose the TV Mosaic, I get the "default" Engine, which I dont know which it is.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, Thanks for the advice, I tried to reinstall MP2.4 but when I look at the flowchart of the installation, I never get the opp to choose the TV Mosaic, I get the "default" Engine, which I dont know which it is.
    I believe that is correct since the TV Mosaic part is still not fully complete so has not yet been included in the main release.
    None the less as mentioned earlier it is still possible to install TV Mosaic stand alone, which you would have to do anyway before an MP2 install, and at least it will confirm if it supports and functions with your tuners and cam. If it does work we should be able to provide a beta test version of MP 2, which has currently gone missing, that will interface to it, (@ge2301 is working on that).
    Just click on this link and download and install the PC windows version. When you run it from your PC it will open in your default browser and should find your tuners which you will need to scan then lets see what it finds.

Last edited:

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Attachments

• Error.jpg
      Error.jpg
      15.9 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-01-26-08.57.47.zip
      594.7 KB

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I believe that is correct since the TV Mosaic part is still not fully complete so has not yet been included in the main release.
    None the less as mentioned earlier it is still possible to install TV Mosaic stand alone which at least will confirm if it supports and functions with your tuners and cam. If it does work we should be able to provide a beta test version of MP 2 that will interface to it (@ge2301 is working on that).
    Just click on this link and download and install the PC windows version. When you run it from your PC it will open in your default browser and should find your tuners which you will need to scan then lets see what it finds.
    Ok, Thanks and as said before I ran DVBLink 6.0 for many years on a Win8 machine.
    I understand that TVMosaic is same company.

But I am more than happy to try TVMosaic now on my Win11.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom