Problems with encrypted channels (DVB-T2) and CAM/CI (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems not :( I need to take a look. As I wrote it was not so easy to build.
    Not sure if it helps but I found a copy of the last but one TV Mosaic build (i.e. not the one with the new installer) in my download folder let me know if you want it?

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I believe that is correct since the TV Mosaic part is still not fully complete so has not yet been included in the main release.
    None the less as mentioned earlier it is still possible to install TV Mosaic stand alone, which you would have to do anyway before an MP2 install, and at least it will confirm if it supports and functions with your tuners and cam. If it does work we should be able to provide a beta test version of MP 2, which has currently gone missing, that will interface to it, (@ge2301 is working on that).
    Just click on this link and download and install the PC windows version. When you run it from your PC it will open in your default browser and should find your tuners which you will need to scan then lets see what it finds.
    Hi,

I downloaded TVMosaic, and it works fine.
    Pls find the pic of the working unit.

Can we have a version of MP with TVMosaic now? ;-)

Attachments

• TVMosaic.jpg
      TVMosaic.jpg
      480.7 KB

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Not sure if it helps but I found a copy of the last but one TV Mosaic build (i.e. not the one with the new installer) in my download folder let me know if you want it?
    Yes, I would like to test, since TVMosaic itself is working for me..

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can we have a version of MP with TVMosaic now? ;-)

Yes, I would like to test, since TVMosaic itself is working for me..
    OK this one was working for me, though be aware that not all features are implemented yet, from memory scheduling and viewing of recordings does work. This version does not include the new installer so there are no options for the TV source which is fixed to TV Mosaic. I'm not sure if any settings are required, maybe something with recording, sorry I don't remember review the tvmosaic-provider-for-mp2 thread for further info.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Attachments

• MediaPortalSetup_2.4.1.EXP_MP2-883_TvMosaicClient_2.4_With_MDE.271.09650ede306bb36db76830fa222...zip
      179.1 MB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think better than nothing, but there were definitely changes afterwards ...
    The local build scripts in general do not work anymore, because they are referencing to VS2019, but I have 2022.
    I think @morpheus_xx or @Brownard need to create a new installer.

PS: I just found a local copy of the latest version, that was initially linked (y) I uploaded it again:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...211174/?hash=6f88b1c3ec26efdf9db98e540073015e

The new installer with latest TVMosaic Plugin is contained.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I gave it a try love the new installer(y):) and after selecting TV Mosaic it worked right away. @Slangaren you will need to add the TV Mosaic media source to Settings/Media Sources/Media Sources Configuration/Add Media Source/TV Mosaic to be able to access recordings etc.

Last edited:

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think better than nothing, but there were definitely changes afterwards ...
    The local build scripts in general do not work anymore, because they are referencing to VS2019, but I have 2022.
    I think @morpheus_xx or @Brownard need to create a new installer.

PS: I just found a local copy of the latest version, that was initially linked (y) I uploaded it again:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...211174/?hash=6f88b1c3ec26efdf9db98e540073015e

Hi,

Thanks , I did a quick install / scan.
    Now encrypted channels works also on the MP server.
    What confused me was that I could not see the "TVMosaic Server" in the install, only TVE3 and TVE3.5 and TVMosaic client.

But however, now it works..

Attachments

• MP2 custom installer.jpg
      MP2 custom installer.jpg
      83.6 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What confused me was that I could not see the "TVMosaic Server" in the install, only TVE3 and TVE3.5 and TVMosaic client.
    The server is not part of MP2 and not maintained by us. You installed it already before and configured it in your browser.
    See also the wiki.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume that is because MP2 is a "client" of the TV Mosaic Server which has to be pre-installed separately. Good to know you can now play the encrypted channels in MP2.(y):)
    @ge2301 How much is still outstanding for the TV Mosaic support? Given that we now know it supports CAM, in addition to it's other modern attributes, when MP at best is flakey or does not work at all on encrypted channels, it would be very good if it could be completed soon.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume that is because MP2 is a "client" of the TV Mosaic Server which has to be pre-installed separately. Good to know you can now play the encrypted channels in MP2.(y):)
    @ge2301 How much is still outstanding for the TV Mosaic support? Given that we now know it supports CAM, in addition to it's other modern attributes, when MP at best is flakey or does not work at all on encrypted channels, it would be very good if it could be completed soon.
    I agree here. I made a summary of the open issues in the TVMosaic thread and myself and other users asked several times about it without any response ;) I'm a bit tired of the no response at all behaviour, so I do not follow it up anymore :(
    MP2 - V2.5 - TVMosaic Provider for MP2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom