Problems with encrypted channels (DVB-T2) and CAM/CI (1 Viewer)

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I have installed the MP2 server ion a Win11 server, for Swedish DVB-T2 channels with CAM/CI+.
I have never used MP before, but used MCE/DVBLink/Kodi for many years also on Win machines.
TV card is a TBS 6290SE.
When I look in the feature list (see below) of MP2, it should support encrypted channels.
But I only get FTA channels and not the encrypted working.
I use the MP2 Front locally on the server as viewer.

(Because I have problems to connect the MP / Kodi addon to connect from the Win 11 NUC front to the MP2 server, but that is a different and next problem ;-))

Pls advice

Thanks

/Jonas

TVTVE3TVE3, TVE3.5, TVMosaic
Record / Playback
Pause / Timeshift
Advanced EPG
CI/CAM supportYesYes

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have installed the MP2 server ion a Win11 server, for Swedish DVB-T2 channels with CAM/CI+.
    I have never used MP before, but used MCE/DVBLink/Kodi for many years also on Win machines.
    TV card is a TBS 6290SE.
    When I look in the feature list (see below) of MP2, it should support encrypted channels.
    But I only get FTA channels and not the encrypted working.
    I use the MP2 Front locally on the server as viewer.

(Because I have problems to connect the MP / Kodi addon to connect from the Win 11 NUC front to the MP2 server, but that is a different and next problem ;-))

Pls advice

Thanks

/Jonas

TVTVE3TVE3, TVE3.5, TVMosaic
    Record / Playback
    Pause / Timeshift
    Advanced EPG
    CI/CAM supportYesYes
    Can you tell us, if you use TVE3, TVE3.5 or TVMosaic?
    Have you read and followed the Wiki guide, in case you use TVE3.x? If yes, please upload log files after the unsuccessful scan.

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    I am sorry to say, that I am an engineer and I did use DVBLink for may year, so of course I did NOT read the manual first.. ;-)

But thanks for supplying and now I did, and at start I didn't enter "Enable CAM" on the tuner card, but now I did, but still not working.
    I use the "preview" function build in the server to check channels, Free channels still work.

I don't know which TV Engine I use, since I installed Madiaportal2 version 2.4.1
    But when I look at the MP Server, the version is 1.23.100.0 (I never as I remember got any choice of choosing different TVE3.x / TVMosaic)

My TV Card is TBS 6290 with dual CI slots, so I am not sure which tuner A/B that corresponds to which slot, so I create 2 log files where I in the first use the CAM in one slot and then in the 2nd log I did move the CAM to the other slot.

I am running Win 11 on the server.

Thanks for the support.

/Jonas

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-01-23-14.20.57.zip
      1.3 MB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-01-23-14.18.09.zip
      1.3 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    it seems that you didn't enable CAM support on tuner yet:

When trying to watch encoded channel, the CAM is not active yet.

[2023-01-22 20:25:34,000] [837968 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - GetAvailableCardsForChannel: find card for channel TV3 HD
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,001] [837969 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - GetAvailableCardsForChannel: got 1 tuning details for TV3 HD
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,002] [837970 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - GetAvailableCardsForChannel: channel #1 DVBT:tv:Nordic Entertainment Group TV3 HD Freq:642000 ONID:8945 TSID:1022 SID:1030 PMT:0x406 FTA:False LCN:3 BandWidth:8
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,002] [837970 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - CanCardTuneChannel: card:1 type:RadioWebStream cannot tune to channel
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,002] [837970 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - CanCardTuneChannel: card:2 type:DvbIP cannot tune to channel
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,003] [837971 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - CanCardDecodeChannel: card:3 type:DvbT channel is encrypted but card has no CAM
    [2023-01-22 20:25:34,003] [837971 ] [171 ] [INFO ] - CanCardDecodeChannel: card:4 type:DvbT channel is encrypted but card has no CAM

Please enable it inside Tv Configuration:
    cam.PNG

Additionally enable DEBUG level loging from within MP2 Client configuration (see wiki regarding this)

Please try again and then post new logs

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for looking at the logs and providing suggestions.
    I am a bit confused now, since I did enable the CAM for ONE of the two tuners (and it shows up as "YES" on CAM, but now I also enabled it for both tuners.

I tried to enable the DEBUG in the MP2 Front/Client SW, not sure on the procedure or file location..
    So tried again, and also uploading a pic of my setup (says now YES on CAM for both tuners, as well as again a log file with the setup in the log file.

My setup looks a bit different from yours..

Thanks

Attachments

• Tuners and CAM's.jpg
      Tuners and CAM's.jpg
      255.3 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-01-23-16.38.07.zip
      1.4 MB
    • Server.log
      574.3 KB
    • SetupTv.log
      2.4 KB
    Last edited:

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    I tried to install MP 1.3 TV Server and MP Front as well.
    It seams like more ppl are using MP ver1 since the forums are more active.
    But still same issue with not being able to watch encrypted channels.
    Scanned for channels for both tuners, but have only one CAM in one of the TBS slots.

Don't know if the error code attached can be the issue? If so, what to do?

Attaching the LOG file from MP 1.3 server..
    Thanks

/Jonas

Attachments

• Error CI edit.jpg
      Error CI edit.jpg
      53.7 KB
    • MP_Logs_SERVER-DATOR2_23_01_24_14_03.zip
      346.9 KB

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again,

I am trying to read up a bit here in the forums.
    Sorry for not knowing MP, but as said before I was using the card TBS 6290 SE working with DVBLink for many yeras with the same CI+.

Looks like the TBS Card has issues with CAM support:

I am not sure if the "patch" is implemented in the SW now, if not pls guide me forward
    (I tried to read to the thread to the end to find out).

Also not sure if TBS 6290 SE only works with CI (and not the CI+ that I have).

If I should buy another card that supports CAM / DVB-T2 instead, I would do so.

Thanks for any advice.

/Jonas

Slangaren

January 23, 2023
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tried to set the MP1 front LOG to "debug".
    Both in the server and Client.
    Hope that it gives some info.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_SERVER-DATOR2_23_01_25_08_21.zip
      558.5 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried to set the MP1 front LOG to "debug". Both in the server and Client.
    I am not a TV expert, and I have no experience of using tuners with CAM sockets. However, I have looked at your log files and I notice these lines claim that the CAM is enabled:

(1)_cam_enabled.jpg

and these lines claim that CI is not supported:

(2)_ci_supported.jpg

What does this all mean? I have no idea. :(

Sadly, MP's TV expert retired from active participation several years ago, and so far no one has come forward to take his place. If you cannot solve this problem yourself, I would suggest the following:
    • MP1 uses TVE3 ("TV Engine version 3"), and apparently it does not support the CAM on your specific TBS card. So stop trying to use MP1.
    • MP2 by default also uses TVE3, so that won't work either. So stop trying to do that.
    • The latest releases of MP2 include two other TV engines: TVE3.5 and TvMosaic.
    • TVE3.5 was the follow-on version of TVE3, but was never completed. But it is usable, and it may include fixes for your TBS card. So you should try that.
    • TvMosaic originated elsewhere, but it does work with MP2 (I think that is the case, but I have not used it myself). So you should try that.
    I have never used MP2, and don't know where the latest version that includes TVE3.5 and TvMosaic is available for download. Possibly @ge2301 can advise?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV Mosaic version of MP2 is available to download from the first post of the TVMosaic Provider for MP2 thread which I believe also includes instructions on how to get TV Mosaic etc. I have tested this and it works though using a TBS tuner but no idea if it does with a CAM.

UPDATE:-
    All the download links on that page are no longer working "404" with the only exception is the one for the TV Mosaic itself. @ge2301 needs the clarify the situation.
    It should still be possible to install TV Mosaic independatly from MP2 and test if it works with the CAM, you set it up on your browser and it does have a built in interface to allow viewing of TV (double click on a program in the TV Guide, see attached screenshots).

Attachments

• TVM-1.jpg
      TVM-1.jpg
      112.3 KB
    • TVM-2.jpg
      TVM-2.jpg
      94.2 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom