PureAudio for MP 1.4? (2 Viewers)

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Any chance for a MP1.4 compatible PureAudio plugin? The current one complains about an incompatible bass.dll

I've tried MP's native ASIO and WASAPI and although it does work there are constant dropouts and stuttering. This never happened with the PureAudio plugin which has always worked flawlessly on the same hardware. The weird thing is that nothing out of the ordinary is going on during the dropouts, CPU is low, Disk I/O is low, nothing mention-able in the MP logs. For now I have gone back to using regular Bass so I can at least play 44.1KHz stuff lossless. All HD (24/96 etc) gets resampled though and that is a shame. I would love to have my trusted PureAudio plugin back again!

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Good news: I managed to get off my lazy butt, install Visual Studio, sign up with Steinberg to get the ASIO SDK, get all the sources from svn and github and finally press "Build". Eureka! I now have a working PureAudio plugin in MP 1.4!

I'll do some testing over the weekend to make sure it performs okay. So far it's been playing DTS and 24/96 files without a single stutter or drop-out. I am happy. If anybody is interrested I can upload the dlls here (is that even allowed since I am not the original author?)

Ozymandias1984

Portal Member
April 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Oh please upload it!
I was so nervous to test the native ASIO and Gapless Function in MP1.4 and I was so disappointed of this, because the Gapless Playback is not real Gapless. Does anyone else recognized this?
With PureAudio in MP1.3 it is all perfect!!!!
PureAudio is a must have for audiophiles!
So +1 for PureAudio on MP1.4!

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay then. Been testing some more and so far it's worked flawlessly for me. Here it is. Hope it works for you too. :cool:

Attachments

• PureAudio_0.2.6.0_Beta.mpe1
    96.3 KB

EgMan

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Synthdood.
Thank you for your work. Unfortunately your version doesn't run on my system (error-log attached). Maybe the reason is that I am using direct-sound instead of asio (with the older version of MP and pure audio this works fine for me - DTS and DD files played well, 24bit wavs too - so no need to use asio). I will try it this weekend with asio-device and update this post then.

Edit:
Installed Asio4all. Now PureAudio plays. But not bitperfect :(

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was so nervous to test the native ASIO and Gapless Function in MP1.4 and I was so disappointed of this, because the Gapless Playback is not real Gapless. Does anyone else recognized this?

Could you please provide a bubreport with logs. Maybe @hwahrmann can help!

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Synthdood.
    Thank you for your work. Unfortunately your version doesn't run on my system (error-log attached). Maybe the reason is that I am using direct-sound instead of asio (with the older version of MP and pure audio this works fine for me - DTS and DD files played well, 24bit wavs too - so no need to use asio). I will try it this weekend with asio-device and update this post then.

Edit:
    Installed Asio4all. Now PureAudio plays. But not bitperfect :(

I hadn't tried with direct-sound yet but I just tested and you are right. Doesn't work for me either. I'm afraid I probably won't be able to fix this since I am not familiar with the source code (only downloaded and recompiled so it would work with the latest Bass dll). Personally I am going to stick with ASIO because this is the only thing that ever worked reliably for me.

If the devs can manage to get the native ASIO/Wasapi to play reliably without any dropouts or stuttering there will be no more need for PureAudio. Ultimately that would be the best solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom