PureAudio for MP 1.4? (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is there any way someone could make PureAudio work with surround sound audio? Right now, I have my HTPC set to output 4.0 to my receiver, and when playing music via PureAudio, it does indeed output 4.0 but the rear channels are empty. So at some point it's either downmixing to stereo or blanking those channels.

Surround sound music works fine in MediaPortal's default music player.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I tried the beta version of PureAudio from this thread for MP 1.4 but couldn't get it to work on my HTPC or desktop. Every time I try to play an audio file, nothing happens. The music indicator just says "0:00 / " and there's no error message. The same happens when I play a 1080p MP4 video from YouTube. However, I muxed the video into MKV and then it played fine.

I've attached logs from this - there's a clear error message from PureAudio but I don't know what causes it. If I disable PureAudio, all of these audio and video files play fine.

Last edited:

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tried the beta version of PureAudio from this thread for MP 1.4 but couldn't get it to work on my HTPC or desktop. Every time I try to play an audio file, nothing happens. The music indicator just says "0:00 / " and there's no error message. The same happens when I play a 1080p MP4 video from YouTube. However, I muxed the video into MKV and then it played fine.

I've attached logs from this - there's a clear error message from PureAudio but I don't know what causes it. If I disable PureAudio, all of these audio and video files play fine.

I had a quick look at the logs and I'll need to make a version with a little extra logging to be able to determine more accurately where the exception actually occurs. Not sure if it is anything I can fix though. Kind of looks like it fails when PureAudio calls BASSPlayer. I'll upload a new version with additional logging later.

Any errors in PureAudio should not have an effect on playing video. PureAudio is only used by the Music player and not for Video playback.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Any errors in PureAudio should not have an effect on playing video. PureAudio is only used by the Music player and not for Video playback.
I highly doubt that. BASS settings in the Music section definitely affect videos in mvCentral - for example, MP 1.4.0 final has a bug where fade-in and fade-out of tracks still happen even with gapless playback enabled. Similarly, if you play a file in mvCentral, the very start of the audio will be faded in too. A recent test build fixed this bug for both the music player and video player.

So it seems to me that if BASS is being used for videos then PureAudio would be too. Also, if you look at the logs I uploaded, the last PureAudio error follows this line:

Code:
[2013-07-14 21:12:10,440] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [WARN ] - TagReader: Empty Title found in file: \\HDA\Video\Other Videos\Music Videos\The Lonely Island\The Lonely Island - 3-Way (The Golden Rule) (featuring Justin Timberlake & Lady Gaga) [1080p].mp4

That is a video file being played via mvCentral, not an audio file. I am not sure whether videos played via Moving Pictures or MP-TVSeries are affected also - I can't really test this since I'm now running the fixed build.

Last edited:

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ah well, just shows you how little I actually know about this stuff :confused:. The fact that I'm able to compile someone else's source and add a setting does not mean I understand the inner workings of MP. ;) I was convinced videos and music playback were handled completely separately.

Anyway, here is a version of the plugin dll that does a few extra lines of logging. Can you try with this version and post mediaportal.log and mediaportal-error.log files? Hopefully this can help me figure out where in the source things go belly-up. Again I am making no promises about being able to actually fix anything, but I am willing to give it a try. It may take a little time though since life tends to get in the way of these things..

Attachments

• PureAudio.rar
    48.8 KB

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Ah well, just shows you how little I actually know about this stuff :confused:. The fact that I'm able to compile someone else's source and add a setting does not mean I understand the inner workings of MP. ;) I was convinced videos and music playback were handled completely separately.
Yeah, I too assumed this until recently. Tis weird.

Anyway, here is a version of the plugin dll that does a few extra lines of logging. Can you try with this version and post mediaportal.log and mediaportal-error.log files? Hopefully this can help me figure out where in the source things go belly-up. Again I am making no promises about being able to actually fix anything, but I am willing to give it a try. It may take a little time though since life tends to get in the way of these things..
Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Logs attached, can't really see any additional info.

EDIT: Whoops, I think I was still using the old version. I've updated the zip with logs from the new version!

Last edited:

LennyW

Portal Pro
July 19, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Oh please upload it!
I was so nervous to test the native ASIO and Gapless Function in MP1.4 and I was so disappointed of this, because the Gapless Playback is not real Gapless. Does anyone else recognized this?
With PureAudio in MP1.3 it is all perfect!!!!
PureAudio is a must have for audiophiles!
So +1 for PureAudio on MP1.4!
I use PureAudio in MePo 1.2.3 working without issues. Will the same plugin work in MePo 1.3 at least? Or do I have to make any modifications also there? According to the plugin homepage it is only suitable to 1.2.x or lower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom