PureAudio for MP 1.4? (1 Viewer)

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Btw good job @synthdood !! Perhaps you could add wasapi support as well ;)

Thanx for the compliment. Too much honour though. Apart from adding an option to force resampling for specific samplerates I didn't do much more than recompile your existing code.

I've been using the recompiled version for a while although recently switched back to the standard Bass player because I can't seem to completely get rid of drop-outs and hick-ups when using ASIO. Using MP's native ASIO or Wasapi support the drop-outs are prettty bad. PureAudio is far far better but it still happens too often. Buffer setting don't seem to make much of a a difference. The WAF factor made me decide to switch back to Bass. That way 44.1 (the majority of my music collection) and DTS is still lossless and all HiRes stuff is downsampled so I can at least play everything. Never had drop-out issues in MP1.2 and 1.3. I am curious if your build of PureAudio will do any better, Symphy.

<Frustration mode>
The only things currently missing from my MP that would make it perfect are a working bitperfect solution and a working Maya skin (Best skin ever! Maya seems to have been abandoned unfortunately.. ). In fact MP1.2 was close to perfect and the only reason I ever switched to 1.4 was because of the HDMI resize issue. That was a bit of a showstopper and I am very glad that that issue
was fixed. Too bad 1.4 broke PureAudio and Maya.
</Frustration mode>

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanx for the compliment. Too much honour though. Apart from adding an option to force resampling for specific samplerates I didn't do much more than recompile your existing code.

I've been using the recompiled version for a while although recently switched back to the standard Bass player because I can't seem to completely get rid of drop-outs and hick-ups when using ASIO. Using MP's native ASIO or Wasapi support the drop-outs are prettty bad. PureAudio is far far better but it still happens too often. Buffer setting don't seem to make much of a a difference. The WAF factor made me decide to switch back to Bass. That way 44.1 (the majority of my music collection) and DTS is still lossless and all HiRes stuff is downsampled so I can at least play everything. Never had drop-out issues in MP1.2 and 1.3. I am curious if your build of PureAudio will do any better, Symphy.

<Frustration mode>
    The only things currently missing from my MP that would make it perfect are a working bitperfect solution and a working Maya skin (Best skin ever! Maya seems to have been abandoned unfortunately.. ). In fact MP1.2 was close to perfect and the only reason I ever switched to 1.4 was because of the HDMI resize issue. That was a bit of a showstopper and I am very glad that that issue
    was fixed. Too bad 1.4 broke PureAudio and Maya.
    </Frustration mode>

In this thread you can get a test version of MP 1.50 with a fixed version of WASAPI. No problems (at least for me) with audio issues anymore.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/121377/

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In this thread you can get a test version of MP 1.50 with a fixed version of WASAPI. No problems (at least for me) with audio issues anymore.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/121377/

What do you mean by audio issues? Are you just referring to gapeless playback?

I'm actually having heavy stuttering when playing audio CDs...no issues with files from the HD instead. I have opened a thread on CD playback issue and I will post the log by tomorrow...so, if you want to give a look, you will be more than welcome! I'm not eable to figure out the problem at all! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom