PureVisionHD 1080 (9 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Returning to BasicHome takes about 1 to 3 seconds, depending from where you are returning ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just tested returnng from TV.
    With TV ON, average is 13 seconds, sometimes 38 seconds and sometimes, complete freeze where I need to kill MP.
    Really fast with DWHD 1, 2 or 3 seconds max...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With TV ON, average is 13 seconds, sometimes 38 seconds and sometimes, complete freeze where I need to kill MP.
    Oh wow, that´s long! As I said with TV on returning to BasicHome takes about 2 - 3 seconds - never had freezes ;)
    Make sure you use the latest LMH (if you use it) - there where some problems in the past ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's why I wanted to inform you ;)
    OFC, LMH and all others plugins are all up to date.
    And LMH is needed for REDDOT records (even if I already explained this feature should be in MP code). ;)
    This delay is not normal. :(
    Also, with PVHD and DWHD tests, I found some improvments wich could be made in both skins.
    For example, for PVHD, what about a nice colored sound bar when volume change (like in DWHD) ?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, forget about the coulored volume bar - PVHD follows a distinctive design very different from DWHD - although both skins were made by me, they have nothing to do with each other ;)
    The only thing I "copied" from PVHD to DWHD are the OSDs.
    And here a video in realtime showing the change from LiveTV to BasicHome and back:

Last edited by a moderator:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    No need to post a (unreadable) video, I trust you.
    Hope it's same for you.
    Maybe, my NUC5 is too lightweight in CPU and/or GFX card. (Fortunately, I plan to replace it by a NUC11 soon).
    Therefore, even if powerless PC, the difference between PVHD and DWHD in basichome could questionning if, there is(are) not one(some) specific(s) thing(s) consumming too much power where, it could be (maybe) avoided ....

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the difference between PVHD and DWHD in basichome could questionning if, there is(are) not one(some) specific(s) thing(s) consumming too much power where, it could be (maybe) avoided ....
    Well, as I said: both skins are extremely different ;)
    BasicHome of PVHD has 775 lines with lot of expressions to calculate, while BasicHome of DWHD has 542 lines, and a lot less expressions to calculate ;)
    But you as an experienced programmer could make up your own skin adapted to your needs, using code from both skins or even from Ares or Titan - it´s all in your hands :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom