Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi catavolt

2 issues with this update, if i change the basichome as per your instructions in the download, just end up with no graphics.

Puevision.JPG

If in TV, cannot scroll down to TV Shows, this is using a fully functional mce remote, not configured for any changes from the default and works perfectly fine with BlueTwo.

Regards

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bugs in TVServerHome and BasicHome

...if i change the basichome as per your instructions in the download, just end up with no graphics.
    If in TV, cannot scroll down to TV Shows, this is using a fully functional mce remote, not configured for any changes from the default and works perfectly fine with BlueTwo.

Hi Ray, THX for your evaluation.

Finally I found the bugs and fixed them. Please DL the RAR file and copy the content into your PureVisionHD folder.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi me again :)

got this one back in the BasicHome.xml-STANDARD skin again, showing 6 not 2

Just encountered this one - weird! Fact is, I used the wrong ID for the default control.

You may change that by editing the basichome.xml, line 4. Please change this to

<defaultcontrol>2</defaultcontrol>

Than it should work perfect.

Can now access TV shows fine.

Thanks

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Accumulated Bugfixes for BasicHome, MyFilms etc.

Hi to all,

Why simple when complicated is possible, too?????:oops:

I think I made the change of the BasicHome screens very complicated (change the filenames in skin directory) although it´s that easy: just make the respective buttons visible depending on the status (enabled/disabled) of the plugins extra menu and game menu.

So, here you have the bugfixed and updated files for PureVisionHD 1.4. Now the additional buttons on BasicHome only appear when the respective plugin is enabled.

Within this accumulated bugfix you´ll also find the fixes for MyFilms 4.5, myTVHomeServer and some others.

Please copy the content of the RAR file into your directory for PureVisionHD (overwrite). Clear the cache. Restart MP. And finally: Enjoy!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Different backgrounds in skin

Hi to all,

for the upcoming release of PureVisionHD 1.5 I would like to enhance all screens with different backgrounds (see examples below).

What do you think?

Please participate in the poll!

THX in advance!

Attachments

• PVHD Music BG.jpg
      PVHD Music BG.jpg
      115.7 KB
    • PVHD Video BG.jpg
      PVHD Video BG.jpg
      157.3 KB
    • PVHD Weather BG.jpg
      PVHD Weather BG.jpg
      123.5 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think It would be a nice idea for some.

I personally would like to allow placing an alternate background of my choosing.... I prefer less background confusion with plain, faded or darker backgrounds with only slight variation or accent. The "focused" covers in Video and Music (small and large icons) are hard to distinguish from the "unfocused" covers already, adding more bright colors in the background will make them harder to see (IMHO).

If differently named theme folders were provided with different graphics that could be copied to the media folder, then one could provide a new look to the skin without a full skin overhaul (keeping the same placement and function), as one's mood changed. Maybe even a theme folder that could be customized could be provided. Then one could make a skin folder for each theme and just switch the skin when their mood changed.

Thanks for all the great work!

Chuck

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, there will be a separate folder with the backgrounds, so if one don´t like them, he/she can delete them, rename them, replace them or whatsoever.
    The important thing will be that PureVisionHD (and a little bit later PureVision 4:3) offer the possibility for different backgrounds as well as fan art for mymusic and myvideo views.

Wolen

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My Plugins

This skin looks great, but I have one problem with the Purevision HD. In the home screen (not basic home) next to the date and time there are the words in orange "My Plugins" no matter what is shown on the selection.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom