PureVisionHD 1080 (4 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Delete SkinSettings.xml and try again...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @catavolt can you please provide @high with an updated URI on the update.xml file for MediaPortal Extension Manager for PureVisionHDXmas plugin?

The master list is at:
    Currently it is relying on which ends up downloading the full 118MB MPEI1 installation file, which causes MediaPortal Extension Manager to appear "frozen" as it is trying to not only download that file, but then process it as an XML.

Kept thinking that my install was corrupt, but Fiddler2 finally allowed me to narrow down the cause.

PS: It is referenced 3x in the master list, as "PureVisionHDXmas", "PureVisionHD 1080 XMAS 2012", and "PureVisionHD 1080 XMAS 2019", which causes MediaPortal Extension Manager to download half a gigabyte and process it as XML, so even on my 1000/1000Mbps with a quad-core it takes quite a while to process.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, thx for finding (and @high for fixing) (y)
    Wasn't aware of that problem and really don't know how it could happen...
    Sorry :cry:

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No worries, just was driving me insane why MediaPortal Extension Manager all of a sudden appears to crash/freeze, and in some cases even after 30-minutes.

Fiddler2 came to the rescue to figure out what URL was causing it, and then @high did the rest.

Everything is fast again.

Did make me realize that my own IMDb+ plugin's update.xml contained errors and bad links as well. Used to host project at GoogleCode which has been defunct for 4+ years now, and even-though the latest plugin MPE1 entry points to GitHub correct; the update.xml file contains references to all the old versions as well and the <UpdateUrl> is used by MePo Extension Manager to download any XML to update the KnownExtension.xml file retaining a record on the history of all the plugins.

Changelog for IMDb+: Resolve bad URLs, except on old MPE1 downloads · RoChess/IMDbPlus@ad38142

That should at least remove any 404's that were otherwise processed, but that only solves one plugin out of dozens :p

Might get bored this weekend to review the entire list and all the XML files, such as @doskabouter plugin entry that is missing "master/" in the URL and causing a 404.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Good thing there are people cleaning up old stuff!
    Which plugin of mine do you mean?

Think High already fixed it, I had Fiddler2 open while doing a MediaPortal Extension Manager "refresh update info", and it gave me a 404 to: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/doskabouter/BrowseTheWeb/Release/BrowseTheWeb.xml", but it looks to be pointing to "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/doskabouter/BrowseTheWeb/master/Release/BrowseTheWeb.xml" now, so the "master/" part was added.

I'd have to setup Fiddler2 again and run another test to verify for sure. It could be that you might still have an old reference in the XML, as the Extension Manager scans all the XML files down the full history path. That is why I mass updated IMDb+ as well, because I don't like 404 errors :cautious:

For me the main issue is fixed, because the PureVisionHDxmas plugin entry trying to download an 118MB ZIP file and trying to parse that as XML made it look like my system was broken. Just figured I noticed all the 404's and there are bound to be some other misconfigured or broken/old plugins that really should be cleaned up.

Question now is trying to find the time, but Ohio state might go in full martial-law quarantine mode at current rate, so then I'll have plenty of time :censored:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    eastern 2020.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom