Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Well, since the "big skin guru" is here :D, I have a question :

To avoid overlaps, I tried a different approach.
    Instead of changing the original "videoOverlay.xml", I tried to create a "videoOverlay.Movpics.TVS.xml".

For this, I modified (for example) "TVSeries.xml"with "<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>" instead of "<allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>"
    And adding :

<!-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ IMPORT XMLs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -->
    <include>videoOverlay.Movpics.TVS.xml</include>
    <include>TVSeries.HiddenMenu.xml</include>

(Same behavior with <import>)

Then, at the first start, it seems to be OK :

videoOverlay.xml in basichome :

zz1.png

AND videoOverlay.Movpics.TVS.xml avoid informations (important for me) :

zz2.png

The problem come when TVSeries.HiddenMenu.xml is called (the left menu) :

zz3.png

There is no "<allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>" in this xml file.
    Seems to be because of an "<id>2</id>" inside.

Oh, big guru, do you have a clue for this ? :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    since a while ago we released MP 1.29 Final "The Phantom Menace" with new features and corrections, so you´ll find the new release PureVisionHD 1080 v. 10.8 ::: HERE :::
    PureVisionHD 1080 version 10.8 brings further design enhancements and layout corrections as well as the obligatory bugfixes.
    Cjanges:
    • New Home icon in topbar toggles between Basic Home or Classic Home or takes you back to the Home where you startet from
    • Support of new settings for picture slideshow
    Hope you´ll like it ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

Maybe I found something.
    In TV-Series, if we show file informations, we have (at least) audio format (please, see blue rectangle) :

zz1.png

Therefore, if we click on info, when file is played, we can't see it (please, see red rectangle) :

zz2.png

C.U.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello,

Maybe I found something.
    In TV-Series, if we show file informations, we have (at least) audio format (please, see blue rectangle) :

View attachment 209350

Therefore, if we click on info, when file is played, we can't see it (please, see red rectangle) :

View attachment 209351

C.U.

The first screenshot has access to MP-TVSeries database info on when mediainfo scan was done during import and everything it stored and can use the MP-TVSeries skin values.

The second screenshot is based on the quick MediaInfo scan that MediaPortal does right before playback starts (visible in logs if you activate the appropriate settings) and it might not grab the same info, or relies on different skin values to use them when converting to images.

If you turn on the full debug logging options then you can quickly see the MediaInfo values MediaPortal gives access to inside the playback view.

Ideally MP-TVSeries provides access to the "cached" skin values on the media file you started playback on, but that gets tricky with PiP and switching plugins during playback.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Catavolt,

Just read about your on-going eye issues. So sorry, to hear about them. I sincerely wish you all the best, going forward.

My greatest thanks, for all the hard work, you have contributed to Mediaportal, over the years! You have to be one of the best supporters, of your own work, anywhere in the PC world, & I've always found you honest, responsive, & quick to resolve anything, put your way, at least with me, anyway.

It's people like yourself, who make these types of PC integrations work; by-and-large. Especially, when you consider it is, largely, free{donate}ware.

By 'by-and-large' I mean, as with all things PC: shit happens. As a non-PC dev, I get that, through & through.

I'll just finish by saying, thanks for the {MP} memories. Everytime I use MP, I have often thought of you (& all the other hard-working MP devs; in all aspects) -& will continue to do so. 99.?% of the time, it's been positive:whistle:

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    While I'm here, would be great if anyone could assist with this: I really like the random fanart background screens, for Moving Pics, & TVSeries. I assume they just scrape images from the thumbs folder, in 'C:\Progamdata'. Can this be easily replicated, for the videos, TV, music, etc. sections? Have read from p302, & couldn't find anything on how to do it. At present, they just show the static, background image. Or is this somehow setup in the 2 plugins?

If not feasible, what's the easiest way to have a different image, for each section?

Thx, in advance.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hohoho,
    Just in time for the 1st Advent I have published the new version of PureVisionHD Xmas Edition 2021 - download ::: HERE :::
    Most important changes are:
    • New Home icon in topbar toggles between Basic Home or Classic Home or takes you back to the Home where you startet from
    • Support of new settings for picture slideshow
    Hope you´ll like it again this year ;)
    And of course I wish you all and your loved ones a reflective Advent and Christmas season - despite all that we have to face regarding the pandemic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom