Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm sure I'm not the first person to encounter this but I couldn't find a similar topic. Here's more detail about what is happening:

In my epg I have a particular series "Creepshow" which airs the same episode, back to back, weekly at 2100-2202 and 2202-2304.
    I set up a recurring recording using the option to record "Every week at this time" and select the entry for 2202.

When I select the option for 2202 it will schedule the first episode correctly but for the following week it will schedule both the 2100 and the 2202 episode (see attachments 2200 Week1 and Week2) That's as far as my epg goes out so I'm not sure what will happen the next week after that.

Now, if I instead try and schedule the series at 2100, both weeks will schedule the correct episode each week at 2100 (attachments 2100 Week1 and Week2.)

I could just record the episodes at 2100 but I would prefer to record at 2202 because there is less of a chance of conflicts and or bandwidth at this time (these are IPTV channels). So, I'm wondering if there is a way to work around this? I thought I could just cancel the extra episode scheduled at 2100 but if I do that it cancels both the 2100 and the 2202 for that week.

Hope this makes sense... it was hard for me to put into words :confused:

Attachments

• 21 00 Week 1.PNG
      21 00 Week 1.PNG
      224.7 KB
    • 21 00 Week 2.PNG
      21 00 Week 2.PNG
      227.5 KB
    • 22 00 Week 1.PNG
      22 00 Week 1.PNG
      227 KB
    • 22 00 week 2.PNG
      22 00 week 2.PNG
      253.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I set up a recurring recording using the option to record "Every week at this time" and select the entry for 2202.
    I record most programmes that I watch (I rarely watch live), but I have not noticed the problem that you describe. The symptoms suggest that you selected option (8) in the list of repeat types.

In my view the text supplied for the various repeat types is not as clear as it might be, so I edited my language file to reword the text. This is what I see:
    • (1) Once at this time
    • (2) Every time on this channel
    • (3) Every time on every channel
    • (4) Weekly at this time
    • (5) Daily at this time
    • (6) Weekdays at this time
    • (7) Weekends at this time
    • (8) Weekly on this day

If you select option (4), it should record only the programme on that channel on that day of the week at that time.

If you select option (8), it will record every occurrence of that programme on that channel on that day of the week whatever time it is broadcast.

In the UK the minor channels often have irregular scheduling, so if there is a series that I want to record I select option (2), and then manually cancel the repeats that I don't want. This does work (it does not cancel the series). If you enter the "Recording Schedule" panel, move the focus to the recording that you want to cancel, and press the OK button on your remote control, a pop-up will appear with "Cancel this programme" as the first selection. Selecting that cancels only that programme, and not the entire series.

I note that you say that you are using IPTV channels. I have never used IPTV, so it is possible that there are some differences for IPTV.

If you are using MP2, the repeat types will be the same (both MP1 and MP2 use the same "TV Server" code), but the panels may be different (I have never used MP2).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In the UK the minor channels often have irregular scheduling, so if there is a series that I want to record I select option (2),

Thanks, it did not occur to me to try option 2. That works perfectly.

I was definitely using option 4 previously though. I figured that it included both entries because they both had the time 2202 as start or finish times. It was weird that it treated week 1 and week 2 differently though. Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom