Queueing files (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
As I have same problem as 2 first posts I would like to downgrade.

Where can I get the older versions ???

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    All downloads are available at Google code, you just have to change to 'all downloads'.

Direct link @ http://code.google.com/p/moving-pic...mmary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

But please consider that a temporary workaround. As a tester I'm unable to reproduce myself (first step in finding a solution), so if none of the users with an issue are willing to take the time to really figure out what file, setting or combination is causing this issue, then no solution will ever be found.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for looking into this issue RoChess. It's strange that you don't see the same error. Perhaps you don't have any samples or it's a language setting (I'm using Swedish).
    I just made a fresh installation of MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta and Moving Pictures 1.4.2, made some dummy files and configured the import path. I now see Queuing files... (0/1). Let's see if you can see the same error using my database and test files? Extract the zip to C:\ and move movingpictures.db3 to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database. You know it ;)

Attachments

• movpic-queueing.zip
      78 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for looking into this issue RoChess. It's strange that you don't see the same error. Perhaps you don't have any samples or it's a language setting (I'm using Swedish).

I can't use your database on my WinXP test box right now, so will have to wait till I've found time to finish setting up my new testbox later. So just using your sample folder; when I clear movingpictures.log file after it is done with all the background tasks and drop that folder in my import folder, then the first 4 lines in my log file are:

30-Dec-2012 22:05:26 Info [ MovieImporter]: Watcher queued American History X-sample.mkv for processing.
    30-Dec-2012 22:05:26 Info [ MovieImporter]: Watcher queued American History X.mkv for processing.
    30-Dec-2012 22:05:27 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Identifier: Path='C:\MovPic.Import.Test.Folder\American History X\American History X.mkv', Format='File', Hash='0000000000000000'
    30-Dec-2012 22:05:27 Info [ MovieImporter]: SKIPPED: File='American History X-sample.mkv', Bytes=0, Reason='Sample detected'

Does it not show the SKIPPED for you?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I also get the SKIPPED log line. The movie import nicely without the Queuing message when I first add the test import folder. It's after I close the Moving Pictures config and then reopen the Movie Importer tab that I get the Queuing message.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, I also get the SKIPPED log line. The movie import nicely without the Queuing message when I first add the test import folder. It's after I close the Moving Pictures config and then reopen the Movie Importer tab that I get the Queuing message.

Well we are getting closer.

Log file seems indeed to indicate everything went perfect (would need to see movpic scraper-debug enabled log file to make sure the filmtipset.se scraper-script you are using is not causing any issues though).

But as you stated, the issue is more when you re-open MovPic config again after closing it first.

Are you able to provide the movingpictures.log file on that?

See one problem for example could be that filmtipset.se changed their website result, and the scraper-script uses "some bad string" as the year for example. Moving-Pictures expects a 4-digit number and freaks out and corrupts the database. This then causes the queue issue when MovPic config is restarted as MovPic normally rescans the database for integrity. Now I'm pretty sure that MovPic has a lot of safety guards in place to prevent that scenario, but it is one of those plausable scenarios to think off, as it can then help figuring out next debug step.

Which in that case would require you to recreate the exact same movingpictures.log file you just posted, except then with MovPic scraper-debug log mode enabled.

Instructions on enabling that mode @ http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper

And try to get both log files, as in the one were everything imports perfect and the one directly following where you re-open MovPic config afterwards and it 'stalls'.

That actually reminds me of another possible cause. I use a batch script myself to ensure that I do not launch MovPic config when any MediaPortal related item is still running. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for MediaPortal to properly 'close' itself, so I get a nice warning to not launch MovPic just yet. Database corruption and other weird behaviour can happen quickly if that is the case, so are you sure when you re-launch MovPic config that you did not do it 'too quick'? The batch scripts I use are available on forum here, search for "PluginConfigLoader", and they are inside zipped attachment to solve old 64-bit OS issue.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That log file I attached did actually log the reopening of MovPic config but I'll attach a new debug log file :)

I now removed the database, set MP to English (United States) and launched MovPic with English importer but still see the same issue :(

Attached a log file with scraper-debug turned on. First file logs the importing of the test folder. The movie successfully auto approved on imdb.com. I then closed MovPic and MP config and waited a couple of minutes. The second file logs the reopening of MovPic config with the Queuing message appearing.

Attachments

• Queuing debug.zip
      95.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Log file looks clean without any issues.

So maybe the 'hang' relates to the File Watcher seeing 1 new file. Then it is seen as 'sample' and 1 file becomes 0 file, but the importer stalls thinking it still needs to process 1 file for import.

It could also be that this results in what appears to be a stall, but that this is just side effect of what you see versus what is actually happening.

Reason for that is because it perfectly shows "31-Dec-2012 15:09:21 Info [ FileSyncProcess]: File maintenance finished. (0 seconds) "

Hopefully @fforde can jump in, because I'm out of ideas.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am aware of the "queuing files" issue but I thought that it was only a user interface problem and that movies would still import correctly. If you have movies that fail to import please post a follow up here. I am busy today and tomorrow but on Wednesday I will spend some time on this whether or not I hear back in this post.

In the mean time I can at least tell you a few things it's probably not. It's very unlikely to be MediaInfo, and if you want to verify that just turn off MediaInfo scanning (this option is on the Importer tab under the gear icon). Second this is not related to scraper scripts; if it was a scraper issue downgrading to an older version of Moving Pictures wouldn't help. So turn off scraper debug logging, this is logging from a part of the system that is almost certainly unrelated. And third this definitely has nothing to do with database corruption. If database corruption were the issue, again downgrading would not help.

Sorry for the trouble guys. After New Years I will take a look and see what I can figure out with this. If anyone is celebrating tonight stay safe.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I looked into this bug this morning and I can confirm this is entirely a user interface problem. The queuing message is simply not cleared when queuing completes. If this is bothering anyone you can grab this alpha build (this is based off of 1.4.2) which fixes the problem. This bug is completely harmless though, so feel free to wait for the next official release if you don't feel like messing with an alpha build.

Again sorry for the trouble guys, and if you have any further issues with the alpha build please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom