[confirm] - Random glitches in LiveTV ("Unexpected LiveTV PAT change" log) | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC 1 & 2' started by peque, April 19, 2010.

1. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Re: Random stuttering in LiveTV ("Unexpected LiveTV PAT change" log)

Nothing to do with emoticons. Just -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/608040-post5.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peque
    • Premium Supporter

peque Moderator - Spanish Forums

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    Re: Random stuttering in LiveTV ("Unexpected LiveTV PAT change" log)

Right tourettes! No prob. Let me know if I can help in any other way. I'm really sad because as I said, MP 1.1.0 RC2 is a great improvement itself... just this little annoying side-effect with TsReader...

kkendall, if you can't post logs... at least can you see if TsReader.log looks like mines, with that message about Unexpected PAT Change? ¿?

Thanks!

4. peque
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    I was asking myself if it was possible to do a mix, using MP 1.1.0 RC2 with tsreader.ax from 1.0.2 (stating that tsreade.ax is the faulty component of 1.1.0 RC2 package)... but no luck this time. It doesn't throw any exception or log error... but there's nothing displayed... :p

Just to make you understand how desperate I am to be able to start working with 1.1.0 RC2. :)

bye!

5. peque
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
  6. romuz
    • Premium Supporter

romuz Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
  7. peque
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    Ok... MP 1.1.0 RC1 downloaded, installed and tested.. Same log messages in tsreader.log:

Code (Text):
    1. 23-04-2010 13:07:19.917 [1408]OnNewChannel pat version:3->4
    2. 23-04-2010 13:07:19.917 [1408]Unexpected LiveTV PAT change due to provider, update m_ReqPatVersion to new PAT version : 3
    I'm doing tests in remote, so I can't say if I see glitches when this happens... but 99% sure...

:(. So stuck in 1.0.2... :(

8. peque
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    I would like to record entire Transport Stream for some minutes, so when Ambass can take a look, is able to reproduce the log message about pat table change. tourettes, do you know any soft that is able to do this? I've tried with TSReader. It can record entire mux, but in mpeg format... Do you think this could be enough so any of you can take a look?

Thanks!

EDIT: Wow... I found that file generated by TsReader IS in Transport Stream format... just that it named as .mpg file.

Sooo... It's a 5 Gb file, but I don't really know if there is a "PAT change" that triggers the log message and a glitch... tourettes, would it be possible to use TsReader dshow filter from MP 1.1.0 RC2 using Graphedit, to test this .ts and see if it has any glitch inside? I'm trying to do it, but obviously, using Graphedit I can't select video/audio pids... :)

9. romuz
    • Premium Supporter

romuz Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    • Like Like x 1
  10. peque
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 1
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    I wouldn't say that TvServer could get entire ts! :) Thanks. I'm now analising ts generated with third party soft TsReader. If I can reproduce the glitch with TsReader acting as file server in a graph, I won't to record it again, but your tip is very interesting anyway! Thanks!

bye!

11. Walzing

Walzing Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Hi,

I also see some stuttering since RC2. I thought it maybe related to PDVD10 Codec. So I switched back to PDVD9 yesterday. I tried PDVD10 because sometimes in HDTV I had some bad blocks (Klötzchenbildung). I will check logs when I am back home.

TV Card: Technotrend S2-1600

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!