[fixed] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others [Mantis #4472] (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks good, I have not had a single hang trying it out. All the existing functionality seems to be working as well.

Strangely enough I have found 2 new minor things (will this ever end?):
    1. When you have music running and do a slide show on a folder with folder.m3u it will stop music, start to play the 1st song of the playlist and then skip to the 2nd song (why-ever).
    2. If you have folder.m3u music running & you exit the slide show during playback of a video folder.m3u music is restarted and not stopped

Conclusion: Merge it, I will add these two little ones to mantis (would you prefer separate or merge to an existing mantis?)

P.S.: Does not only look good, works very good - I was not able to produce any more trouble - usually I am pretty good at breaking sw ;-)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Please mantis it like you want, i surely prefer separate one :p (ofc the goal is to not forget it).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    n a folder with folder.m3u it will stop music, start to play the 1st song of the playlist and then skip to the 2nd song (why-ever).
    Please mantis it like you want, i surely prefer separate one :p (ofc the goal is to not forget it).

I didn't spot any issues. We have 3 days before the merge deadline. I'd rather not be leaving this to the last day, since there are other issues I need to push for.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    n a folder with folder.m3u it will stop music, start to play the 1st song of the playlist and then skip to the 2nd song (why-ever).

I didn't spot any issues. We have 3 days before the merge deadline. I'd rather not be leaving this to the last day, since there are other issues I need to push for.

I will supply a bin but i will stop working on it after 21H00 (i set my limit lol).
    Good spot about music :

Code:
    1. When you have music running and do a slide show on a folder with folder.m3u it will stop music, start to play the 1st song of the playlist and then skip to the 2nd song (why-ever).

Maybe this one is fixed but i can't reproduce and like i see something strange for 2., i hope the fix will work for it.

Code:
    2. If you have folder.m3u music running & you exit the slide show during playback of a video folder.m3u music is restarted and not stopped

This one should be fixed :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is the bin :)

Attachments

• WindowPlugins_music_fix.zip
      438.1 KB

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This file fixed the 2nd issue - perfect.

It also changes behaviour. If I have music playing, it does not change to the folder.m3u on slide show. I have no 1.2.3 system anymore to check how that initially worked. I would think that it is perfectly OK to keep the current music even if there is a fodler.m3u. So for me this is good.

Btw. do you do anything on "nested" folder.m3u for recursive slideshows? Have not tested that at all.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This file fixed the 2nd issue - perfect.

It also changes behaviour. If I have music playing, it does not change to the folder.m3u on slide show. I have no 1.2.3 system anymore to check how that initially worked. I would think that it is perfectly OK to keep the current music even if there is a fodler.m3u. So for me this is good.

Code:
    	private void StartBackgroundMusic(string path)
    	{
    	  if (g_Player.IsMusic || g_Player.IsRadio || g_Player.IsTV || g_Player.IsVideo)
    	  {
    		return;
    	  }

Good :), from code, it shoudn't stop current music or i would say it shouldn't start to play m3u if music is already running.

Btw. do you do anything on "nested" folder.m3u for recursive slideshows? Have not tested that at all.

I did some test but not right now (can you ?).
    From i remember, if no music running, and start resursive slideshow if the slideshow start with an .m3u, music should start but if it start from a non .m3u, music will never start after that because MP read only pictures/videos item.

Not sure you follow me lol.

Code:
    public void StartSlideShow(string path)
    	{
    	  LoadSettings();
    	  _isBackgroundMusicPlaying = false;
    	  StartBackgroundMusic(path);
    	  _slideDirection = 1;
    	  _isSlideShow = true;
    	  if (_autoShuffle && (_isSlideShow || _showRecursive))
    	  {
    		Shuffle(false, false);
    		// Reset currentSlideIndex when slideshow start from context menu
    		_currentSlideIndex = 0;
    		_currentSlide = _slideCache.GetCurrentSlide(_slideList[_currentSlideIndex]);
    	  }
    	}

Normal Slideshow : -->> StartBackgroundMusic(path);
    Recursive one : -->> StartBackgroundMusic(path);

When i do my testing it look to 'T:\-=- Pictures -=-' is the folder where i start rslideshow (that mean if i put m3u there it should start :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom