[Videos] Randomly stops playback of recordings or live TV (multiseat) (1 Viewer)

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm running RC4, no IFC plugin...

Error log lists loads of entries thus:

"2010-06-29 20:54:25.856000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TvRecorded: Error comparing files - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.Compare(GUIListItem item1, GUIListItem item2)"

Sorry - i'll post in correct forum if problem persists ;-)

No answer on my MS Loopback Adaptor question for single-seat users - is it compulsary?

Thanks

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
Dumb question above - sorry. I know that MSLoopback Adaptor isn't necessary, however i am going to set it up for peace of mind and in case my potentially flaky network has anything to do with TV recordings stopping randomly (even though the live feed ran fine at the time of recording (i.e. didn't stop timeshifting)).

I'd still be interested to know if it's at all possible that network drop-outs can cause a recording being played to exit out back to the menu....???

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I'd still be interested to know if it's at all possible that network drop-outs can cause a recording being played to exit out back to the menu....???

If your using a hardwired router, then there should not be any problem, if wireless then use M$ adapter, there should be connection issues shown in the error.log, if not getting those then not lost connection.

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    Just a quick update on my problem in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread with the same issue. It looked like there was a slight corruption in the .ts file at the point(s) where the recording would stop playing and bump back out to the Recorded TV Menu. If i repeatedly cued the recording up to just a few seconds before a 'bad piece' of the file, then at least 4/5 times it would reliably stop playing at that point. For the other 1/5, the recording would play past this point but there would be a 'blip' in the video (hence why i said curruption).

So what i then did was change the TV codec's to MPA/MPC (the default ones!) and the recording would then 5/5 times reliably play through the 'corruption' zone!

Fingers crossed i've fixed it by changing the codec's - time will tell.... I was using the NVIDIA Purevideo codec and i have some thoughts on what the problem could be, but it's really not worth me speculating here as i'm probably wrong and it's probably just one of these stupid problems no one will ever get to the bottom of!

BTW - i don't actually believe the recording file was corrupted as such, it was just a good analogy for my explanation above! Looking like codec trouble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom