Home Country
Sweden Sweden
No compression on the rar files...

Lucia

Portal Member
May 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I get an unable to install driver message in the DOS window. Tried it a few times and get the same error each time. Have to oberve the screen very carefully as the message remains on the screen for a few seconds only. .NET is upto date. Woudl appreciate any help I can get.

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I get an unable to install driver message in the DOS window. Tried it a few times and get the same error each time. Have to oberve the screen very carefully as the message remains on the screen for a few seconds only. .NET is upto date. Woudl appreciate any help I can get.

Try to uninstall the device driver by executing:
dokanctl.exe /r a
The file is (most likely) located in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\rarmount\dokan

After removing the driver you must restart the computer (no cheating, you really must restart)

Finally, download and install Dokan library:
Dokan Download
It's the file "dokan-0.4.2.1238 x86" you need.

Did it install correctly this time?

Lucia

Portal Member
May 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Jackjson,

Thanks for your quick reply. I followed yoiur instructions to the "T". When I click on DokanInstall32.msi, I get a message to uninstall a previous version and restart the system. Reboot multiple times to check I wasn't doing anything wriong. Same result each and evry time.

BTW, the rarmount folder exists no longer and there is no dokan program in Program and Files.

WHat should I do next ? You help would be appreciated.

Regards

Lucia

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Jackjson,

Thanks for your quick reply. I followed yoiur instructions to the "T". When I click on DokanInstall32.msi, I get a message to uninstall a previous version and restart the system. Reboot multiple times to check I wasn't doing anything wriong. Same result each and evry time.

BTW, the rarmount folder exists no longer and there is no dokan program in Program and Files.

WHat should I do next ? You help would be appreciated.

Regards

Lucia

Uninstall RarMount (if installed).
Uninstall Dokan (if installed).
Delete: c:\windows\system32\drivers\dokan.sys
Delete: c:\windows\system32\dokan.dll
Reboot.
Install Dokan (but not RarMount).

Did this work out OK? (if yes, I can provide you with a RarMount version that has no Dokan drivers included)

Lucia

Portal Member
May 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Deleting dokan.sys and dokan.dll files allowed installation of dokan successfully. Can I now go ahead and install rarmountn ?

Lucia

Portal Member
May 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Installed rarmount v3_300 attached to your message. NO obvious error message. In MediaPortal Plugin coniguration tool > Plugin ---> shows default driver selected is R with Try to mount subtitles option unchecked. However when I start MediaPortal, I cannot see the rar file or R: in My Videos or Moving Pictures.

Jackjson,

Just read through your instructions once again. Just thought that I should let you know that in the plugin configuration, I do not get option to " Enable both RarMount3Player and RarMount3Process".

Finally managed to get it working. I missed the rarmount process plugin activation as it was greyed out. Thank you for your help.

There is still one small problem which I need to sort out. After every rar file being played, an alert box pops up asking I want to play the next part. I guess it is a question of setting in the player.

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Finally managed to get it working. I missed the rarmount process plugin activation as it was greyed out. Thank you for your help.

There is still one small problem which I need to sort out. After every rar file being played, an alert box pops up asking I want to play the next part. I guess it is a question of setting in the player.

I'm glad you got it working.
About your alert box:
Please post the exact message in the box, and if possible; attach a screenshot.
Also, can you post the MediPortal log file (at least the relevant parts of it), as that would help me to locate and solve your problem.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
It works just fine except for the subtitles, I have checked the option to try and mount them but they wont appear in the menu.
If i unpack it and let MP play it the subs work. I use MPC-HC in MP.
The SRT-File in is the same folder as the rar-files.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom