Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

boogje

June 2, 2009
Hi,

I like your program very much, unfortunately it does not work for me yet.
Before going into detail, let me start with the most obvious potential issue:

Do you know if it works on a 64 bit system?

Regards,

Boogje

gabed942

June 3, 2009
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with RarMount 3 (or earlier) when playing files through network? I can play the files for about 1-2 minutes, but after that MP just crashes.

It sort of would seem that the engine would try to unpack/transform (or whatnot) the files faster than the network connection can handle or something weird. I really don't know. Otherwise Media Portal plays video files from network share just fine.

Also I tried briefly the Movie plugin which was mentioned in the description, but when you are in the plugin settings and try to find/search for the movies on the hard drive, the plugin itself doesn't seem to be able to recognize the folders containing rars and not video. But I have to say though, I haven't yet played with it enough to say that it really wouldn't work. Will explore it further later and get back about it.

Regards,
Gabriel

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
It works just fine except for the subtitles, I have checked the option to try and mount them but they wont appear in the menu.
If i unpack it and let MP play it the subs work. I use MPC-HC in MP.
The SRT-File in is the same folder as the rar-files.

Thanks in advance

You never answered my question, does it work with subtitles or not or am I doing something wrong?

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It works just fine except for the subtitles, I have checked the option to try and mount them but they wont appear in the menu.
If i unpack it and let MP play it the subs work. I use MPC-HC in MP.
The SRT-File in is the same folder as the rar-files.

Thanks in advance

You never answered my question, does it work with subtitles or not or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, it should work with subtitles (i assume you are talking about srt/sub files).
Try this:
1. Start the movie that should have subtitles
2. Alt+TAB out of MediaPortal while playing the movie
3. Try to locate the RarMount drive in Explorer
4. The RarMount drive should contain at least one folder (named after the rar archive you mounted), and the folder should contain an avi file and a subtitle file (srt/sub/etc.). Does it?
5. Compre the srt/sub file on the RarMount drive to the one you have in the folder of the rar archive. Do they match?

NEtrom1970

Portal Member
March 27, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yes, it should work with subtitles (i assume you are talking about srt/sub files).
Try this:
1. Start the movie that should have subtitles
2. Alt+TAB out of MediaPortal while playing the movie
3. Try to locate the RarMount drive in Explorer
4. The RarMount drive should contain at least one folder (named after the rar archive you mounted), and the folder should contain an avi file and a subtitle file (srt/sub/etc.). Does it?
5. Compre the srt/sub file on the RarMount drive to the one you have in the folder of the rar archive. Do they match?[/QUOTE]

I can answer that. Havde the same problem.

The srt/sub files are located on the RarMount drive and they match. But dont think that's the problem. If you try to play a .mkv file with the subs inside the file it dont work ether. It works fine when playing the files without RarMount.

:D For a really nice program...

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can answer that. Havde the same problem.

The srt/sub files are located on the RarMount drive and they match. But dont think that's the problem. If you try to play a .mkv file with the subs inside the file it dont work ether. It works fine when playing the files without RarMount.

:D For a really nice program...

Hmm, then I guess the problem is related to the MP methods that RarMount use to initiate the playback.
Maybe I'll need some help from a more experienced MP hacker :(

gabed942

June 3, 2009
Hi again,

I earlier posted a message about not getting RarMount to work through network / Moving Pictures. I finally had the time to sit down and play with this a little bit more. I got it working fine with Moving Pictures, but still there is the same problem that when I try to play through my local network with my new setup on 1 gbs lan speeds, the mounted file almost every time just stops playing after around 1-2 minutes and quits the playback. It does'nt seem to crash Media Portal for the moment though. Other thing that happens with the rest of the times is that the video skips to almost to the end of the video, if it doesnt just quit the playing.

I tried this just now also with the standalone version and the same problem happens also without Media Portal - Windows Media Player just closes.

I was just wondering that could this have something to do with the transferrance between two different rar files? Is there some different kind of way the program should handle the mount if in fact the file is being played through a local network share or something? :confused:

I wish I had some programming skills in order to help, but I don't. Please do ask some more spesific questions if it would help to solve the problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has succeeded getting the files to play through network? I have no problems with local files, only ones which are played through network. Also I have tried different ways to mount the drive, like sftp mounts and others - but the problem always seems to be the same no matter what I try. :(

Please help me if you can or give ideas how to get around the problem?

In anycase, thanks for a great plugin!

Gabe

felldin

Portal Member
August 3, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have installed the msi-file but I don't get anything new under plugins to enable. Anybody knows what has gone wrong?

I'm using MP 1.1 Alpha, can that be a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom