Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I dont know if your iso/img/... mounting issue could be related to daemon tools IF your using that. I used/use SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive and it worked flawlessly (set the daemon.exe as the "drive tool"). Im still waiting for a new dokan release since its not working well on my win7 x64 system :(

palox

Portal Member
October 24, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
i also use Virtual Clone Drive... not working.. i just unpacked all my movies, then, ofcourse, it worked... :)

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What exactly do you mean by "not working"? What happends? Nothing at all or is the disc mounted but not autorunned (is that a word? ;) )?

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Dokan library 0.6.0 is out! please let me have this plugin again! prolly moving to xbmc otherwise :/ (not much need for recording TV these days)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I was using Rar Mount for long time, but then I found a Direct Show filter for rar files that you only have to install and all archved (just stored) files are played with a single clik. Basically, you do not notice the difference is it an mkv file or an mkv file inside rar archives. Works great since the installation, subtitles aslo works great. I'm at work, so have no time to search for this filter, but you can find it among MP downloads.
I liked Rar mount a lot, but I think this plugin is no longer needed. Give it a try!

Here is the plugin: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/codecs/rarfilesource

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ah thanx a lot! will try that!

hmm just read "Not all video formats are supported by the filter (example: iso/img)" wich rarmount3 actually did.. oh well.. can never have everything in this world can you ;)

I cant just help myself asking if its to much to ask to just do another compile with dokan 0.6.0? maybe there is to many other bugs but it seemed to be just a few due to x64 wich dokan 0.6.0 seemed to have fixed.. plz?

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
You're welcome!
Yes, iso/img are not supported. I do not use it (just avi and mkv) therefore I do not miss this, however there are always limitations, we can not have everything, you're right.

Give it a try, you will see it works very good. Rar mount requires additional clicks with remote when you open a movie in rar, and no way to use auto playlist.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ah thanx a lot! will try that!

hmm just read "Not all video formats are supported by the filter (example: iso/img)" wich rarmount3 actually did.. oh well.. can never have everything in this world can you ;)

I cant just help myself asking if its to much to ask to just do another compile with dokan 0.6.0? maybe there is to many other bugs but it seemed to be just a few due to x64 wich dokan 0.6.0 seemed to have fixed.. plz?

Yeah i hope some dev will pick it up and add support for it later on :)

jojjal

Portal Pro
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just one question, My "rarmount" worked as it should do, great..., in 1.1.x but now in 1.2 beta it is not supported, how come? Can i as a "end looser" make it work, or is it in the core of 1.2 MP?

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just one question, My "rarmount" worked as it should do, great..., in 1.1.x but now in 1.2 beta it is not supported, how come? Can i as a "end looser" make it work, or is it in the core of 1.2 MP?

I would guess some modification in MP 1.2's plugin handling broke RarMount :confused:
Actually, I'm very pleased with RarFileSource myself, so I'm currently not working on this project.
I have a lot of projects, and too little spare time :(

However, I'm sure there is some talented developer in here who have the skill and the time to fix this issue and upgrade RarMount to Dokan 0.6.
The source code for this project is available over at rarmount.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom